Posting to YouTube

There is no specific subject for this forum, talk about whatever you want.
User

Posting to YouTube

Post by User » Sat May 02, 2020 5:08 pm

Hello, I have some questions about recording operations. Is it possible to upload to YouTube without being fined or sent to jail? I know that the stealth technique does, but he never really goes into buildings. If he does, the door is unlocked. Lockpicking or using bump keys is associated with breaking an entering, which I imagine could get you in more trouble for being recorded than trespassing. If you were never punished for uploading to YouTube, you could use your channel money or start a Patreon and leave tips at places where you break-in to. This leaves behind evidence but how many building owners are going to be frustrated at free money? Thank you for your answers.

fx1k

Re: Posting to YouTube

Post by fx1k » Sat May 02, 2020 6:52 pm

Yes. It's a risk, but in all likelihood, not much will happen. There are more than a billion videos on YouTube, and the chance of the correct person finding your video, figuring out who you are, finding out where you did what you did, and going through the process to get enough information together and cause you damage is very slim. Of course, this is given that you don't record yourself doing anything too dramatic. If you're just entering buildings to look around, I doubt people are going to be all that motivated to come after you. Stealth Technique could get in trouble theoretically, but he doesn't seem to have much of a problem. He also doesn't disrupt much in his videos. I think he's unlikely to run into trouble at this time.

I wouldn't try to do anything on YouTube or patreon relating to making money. It will bring excess attention, and attention brings problems. If you want to make videos like this, it is in your best interest that the viewership is limited to like-minded folks. The people who are interested in this stuff will seek and find the videos, just like we do with StealthTechnique. Also, leaving tips is a bad idea. A pile of cash appearing out of nowhere is a clear sign that somebody was there unauthorized.

User

Post by User » Sat May 02, 2020 6:58 pm

Thank You!

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sat May 02, 2020 9:10 pm

There's already tonnes of videos on Youtube of people breaking & entering restricted areas and there's even channels showing you infiltration techniques (LockpickingLawyer is one example). I don't think I'd get in trouble for uploading my videos to Youtube (I actually uploaded them as private/unlisted videos for a while) but I don't make videos often enough to justify starting a NO channel. Plus the viewership for those videos is already here, and I kinda like the idea of having our own exclusive content, subscriptions & Patreon be damned.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.