New Guy

Are you a new member? Introduce yourself here!
NewGuy

New Guy

Post by NewGuy » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:40 am

I'm the New Guy!
My end goal is to get into something like physical pen testing, and this seems like both a place to learn about a potentially fun new hobby, and to learn skills that might help in that field.

Odds are I'll probably mostly be a lurker, not used to forums at all, however I hope I have enough fun here to prove myself wrong.

NewGuy

Re: New Guy

Post by NewGuy » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:57 am

Oh yeah! I should also mention that I am interested in all aspects of this, from the physical to the hacking, so if anyone knows good places to start on either of those the advice would be appreciated!

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:33 am

MustacheOperator posted some useful info on hacking, drone surveillance and other tech-related NO activities. You should give his threads a look.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

NewGuy

Post by NewGuy » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:39 am

Thank you! I'll take a look after work today.

Sicarius
Location: Possibly on a distant Mediterranean shore... one day

Post by Sicarius » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:49 pm

Hey, I am getting into pen testing and plan on getting an IT degree! I love this kind of stuff, personally. I highly advise talks by Deviant Ollam and NotSoCivilEngineer, these are official pen testers on the physical side. I have some more info about it if you want to PM me here or join Discord.
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

NewGuy

Post by NewGuy » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:44 am

I'll start a chat with you once I'm done going through what's on the site! Thanks for the channels, the name DeviantOllam sounds familiar so I think I'll start with that one. Thank you!

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:06 am

Deviant's friends with Karl Kasarda from InRangeTV, right?
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Sicarius
Location: Possibly on a distant Mediterranean shore... one day

Post by Sicarius » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:59 pm

Xanatos wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:06 am
Deviant's friends with Karl Kasarda from InRangeTV, right?
IDK, I just know Deviant is a full time physical pen tester, who has a plethora of talks and is the social face of Red Team Alliance, which offers advanced classes
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

MustacheOperator3

Post by MustacheOperator3 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:25 pm

Legit!

Welcome homie :D

If you ever want to pull off a cross-country hack, LMK. I also enjoy CTF exercises, great training!