Posting to YouTube

There is no specific subject for this forum, talk about whatever you want.
Sicarius
Location: Possibly on a distant Mediterranean shore... one day

Posting to YouTube

Post by Sicarius » Sat May 02, 2020 5:08 pm

Hello, I have some questions about recording operations. Is it possible to upload to YouTube without being fined or sent to jail? I know that the stealth technique does, but he never really goes into buildings. If he does, the door is unlocked. Lockpicking or using bump keys is associated with breaking an entering, which I imagine could get you in more trouble for being recorded than trespassing. If you were never punished for uploading to YouTube, you could use your channel money or start a Patreon and leave tips at places where you break-in to. This leaves behind evidence but how many building owners are going to be frustrated at free money? Thank you for your answers.
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

fx1k

Re: Posting to YouTube

Post by fx1k » Sat May 02, 2020 6:52 pm

Yes. It's a risk, but in all likelihood, not much will happen. There are more than a billion videos on YouTube, and the chance of the correct person finding your video, figuring out who you are, finding out where you did what you did, and going through the process to get enough information together and cause you damage is very slim. Of course, this is given that you don't record yourself doing anything too dramatic. If you're just entering buildings to look around, I doubt people are going to be all that motivated to come after you. Stealth Technique could get in trouble theoretically, but he doesn't seem to have much of a problem. He also doesn't disrupt much in his videos. I think he's unlikely to run into trouble at this time.

I wouldn't try to do anything on YouTube or patreon relating to making money. It will bring excess attention, and attention brings problems. If you want to make videos like this, it is in your best interest that the viewership is limited to like-minded folks. The people who are interested in this stuff will seek and find the videos, just like we do with StealthTechnique. Also, leaving tips is a bad idea. A pile of cash appearing out of nowhere is a clear sign that somebody was there unauthorized.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Sat May 02, 2020 6:58 pm

Thank You!
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sat May 02, 2020 9:10 pm

There's already tonnes of videos on Youtube of people breaking & entering restricted areas and there's even channels showing you infiltration techniques (LockpickingLawyer is one example). I don't think I'd get in trouble for uploading my videos to Youtube (I actually uploaded them as private/unlisted videos for a while) but I don't make videos often enough to justify starting a NO channel. Plus the viewership for those videos is already here, and I kinda like the idea of having our own exclusive content, subscriptions & Patreon be damned.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:00 am

I have stated before that I would like to make a YouTube channel, however, what type of content are you guys most interested in? Related to night ops of course. I am a bit hesitant at using my voice, but I can try as I think tutorial videos like Stealth Technique's, a YouTube channel, are a bit more popular than videos of operations themselves. I can post videos IF everything works out, which it should, I just need a bit more time. My editing should be good as well, so the videos will look clean and have good music.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:17 am

Something that is easier to show rather than tell, such as application of camouflage, stealth movement techniques and use of gear. I've thought about doing the same but it's difficult to film things at night. Of course I could try doing some stuff during the day, but when it comes to demonstrating concepts of phototransitional environments or how visibility is affected by shadows & artificial light sources, it's hard trying to capture that on video. And I don't have the VFX capability to recreate how my eyes see things in the dark.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

spartan_ninja45

Post by spartan_ninja45 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:54 am

Hey man, if you get a YouTube channel up and running I'll absolutely subscribe.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:09 am

I should be able to pull it off, it just might take some time. Most likely by the end of the year, but probably sooner. I make no promises though. My ideas for the first videos are exploring an Indian mansion in construction, doing a science lab type video with different stealth colors (grey, green, black, tan, red, whatever the hell), and building the legs for stealth, from joints to stretches and muscle building. Is there any content you are interested in, listed or not?

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:10 am

Hello. I have not posted in a while due to my college classes and being very busy. While I have been somewhat regularly operating, I feel that I still lack a lot of experience. Therefore, I have decided to not go through and create my YouTube channel. While I have great ideas, several factors are holding me back.

One, I am a kid. I want to enjoy what little free time I already have, and spending it on editing videos is not something I want to do. Additionally, I have little time to embark on this.
Two, I want to first build up my skills to an exceptional level. As a minor, I cannot do this for obvious reasons. Once adulthood is reached, however, one or two years into it would be a good time for a YouTube channel, as I will have had time to truly harness my abilities less clandestinely.
Three, quality filming at nighttime is hard. I am not allowed to get a modern GoPro, understandable, and the head mount is not secure enough at times. A solution is head-mounted night vision goggles with a recorder, which I will cover in a later post, as I have done heavy research into night vision and FUSION devices.

Additionally, I do not know how to explain, but something draws me ever closer to operating. I am naturally intelligent, and for "special skills" tests have always scored the highest in problem-solving and analytical thinking. These skills are both crucial, and I think one reason I am drawn to operating is that it becomes a playground for these skills, allowing them to flourish like never before in an environment that deals with serious consequences.

However, something more is still there. Whenever I go operating, I get an eerie feeling. I feel like I have done this before, but I know I have never. Instincts naturally tell me what I should do in certain situations. Here is an example.
When I am close to major roads, I just automatically go prone. It is different though, as I "Melt" with the environment. I instinctively press my self against objects, letting my muscles relax and contort my limbs so my silhouette is much less recognizable. I did this to evade a passing car on a small two-lane road, that would have seen me as they were driving slowly, but did not. When close to major roads, I analyze the pattern of traffic. I slowly move when traffic is active, and when a predicted gap occurs, I quickly rush forward to gain much ground.

Honestly, I am probably being dramatic about some parts, but others scare me a little. I almost feel a... a feeling I guess lol, guiding me through my motions and what I do. Let me clearly state I DO NOT HEAR VOICES, or some other creepy shit. I can move in near silence, somewhat quickly, with sweatpants and athletic shoes. I first started with just leg motions while practicing, but when I went out on operations, I quickly started using my whole body for it. I find it much less awkward, and more silent. Just move ith your entire body, and ease into each step. That is the best I can explain it. Anyways, I am probably just being dramatic over nothing, but I just wanted to vent as my stepfather has been an absolute nuisance lately(and my mother agrees). Thanks for reading!

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:25 pm

Opping is the best stress relief, I find.

And yeah, filming quality footage at night time - especially for instructional purposes - is a real pain in the arse. On my last vidop (not edited yet) I had trouble with my GoPro flailing about as I moved around. Definitely need a more secure headmount.

wfff024

Post by wfff024 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:26 pm

Sicarius wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:10 am
However, something more is still there. Whenever I go operating, I get an eerie feeling. I feel like I have done this before, but I know I have never. Instincts naturally tell me what I should do in certain situations.
I know exactly what you're describing, that is the most interesting part for me. My theory is that we're tapping into parts of our brain (and souls if you believe in that) most people never use and rots away.
Fear is a reflex. Courage is a choice.

Ashy

Post by Ashy » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:53 pm

If you do the videos at some time I think investing in a really good camera that films well at night will make all the difference. When people post videos at night and there is 2 minutes of dark and some lights you cannot manage to understand, the interest in the video decays.
Also if you were going to hipothetically lock pick something, you could omit the lockpicking part giving some hint of it. For example turning the knob once and then a camera cut to the hand still on the knob but the door opens the second time you turn it.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:01 am

Ashy wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:53 pm
If you do the videos at some time I think investing in a really good camera that films well at night will make all the difference. When people post videos at night and there is 2 minutes of dark and some lights you cannot manage to understand, the interest in the video decays.
Also if you were going to hipothetically lock pick something, you could omit the lockpicking part giving some hint of it. For example turning the knob once and then a camera cut to the hand still on the knob but the door opens the second time you turn it.
For the camera, if I made videos, I would not bother with. I have no excuse for my parents as to why I would need a 1k camera. A GoPro or a new one has several excuses, however. I am filming by myself too, meaning a tripod is needed in some instances. The GoPro has these accessories for cheap, unlike a 300 dollar tripod. I will admit though, a camera with good night vision would be nice. My GoPro would be used to film techniques of certain things or the basic concept. In order to understand lights or film an op, I would need something else. A high-quality gen1 night vision device is a good option or a SiOnyx Aurora which can double for ops and for filming techniques. Those can be had for around 600 dollars at most. Add in a cheaper tripod for a painful 100 dollars, and the SiOnyx Aurora doubles as both an NVG and a camera for filming movements. If I had a YouTube, I would also highly encourage people to go out at night. You will never truly understand or experience light and the atmosphere until you are out there, which is a necessity if you want to seriously do this type of thing.

As for picking locks and other B&E, I came to the realization... who cares :D. We are a tiny community, and the most subscribers I imagine I would get is at the most 25k. Anything more, I doubt that, and most likely those fans are not even practicing the concepts half-assed, if at all. If I want to be popular, I can try breaking into a few famous and notable buildings. Imagine something like a famous Museum. Anyways, if I wear a mask who is going to search the pits of hell to find a kid pretending to be a splinter cell posting a YouTube video of him breaking into a building. I am not even stealing, so there really is no incentive to even bother unless I start some sort of online movement where stupid kids my age break into places... not stealthily

Sorry if my post sounds weird, my ADD is fucking raging right now and I have no clue why(I cannot focus at all at this particular moment). Have a good day! :)