Greetings and quest i on about honor

Are you a new member? Introduce yourself here!
rvn

Greetings and quest i on about honor

Post by rvn » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:47 am

Found this forum from stealth techniques video channel while searching for training in that very topic. Relevant background is in martial arts and bushcraft, a joy of home and urban-suburban sneaking since childhood (though it is a bittersweet need), and phases of computer and info security interest mixed into continued practice in IT and electronics. Mostly rural or suburban settings now, forests greatly improve my overall skills and life.

A question I ask myself:
How to practice stealth without deceptive or dishonorable ways? It can be a martial art, a physical fitness, a self defense. With ops big and small as ever evolving practice and with secrecy as its foundation - is stealth inherently incriminating, something that warrants fear of being caught? It largely seems to me to be but how about to you?
Last edited by rvn on Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
it's a bird, it's a --...no wait it's nothing
(and yet it's something)

rvn

Re: Greetings and quest i on about honor

Post by rvn » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:12 am

Stealthy : slow, deliberate, and secret in action or character
2a : intended to escape observation : furtive
b : designed to produce a very weak radar return

Stealth verb
(military, computing) To conceal or infiltrate through the use of stealth.
stealth noun (countable and uncountable, plural stealths)
(uncountable) The attribute or characteristic of acting in secrecy, or in such a way that the actions are unnoticed or difficult to detect by others.
(archaic, countable) An act of secrecy, especially one involving thievery.

Etymology
From Middle English stelthe, from Old English *stǣlþ, from Proto-Germanic *stēliþō[1], equivalent to steal +‎ -th. Compare Old English stalu (“theft, stealth”), Old High German stāla (“theft”), German Diebstahl (“theft”).
(and yet it's something)

rvn

Post by rvn » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:27 am

(and yet it's something)

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:15 am

I said as much in this recent post. What we do is inherently frowned upon by those who don't know any better, but I'm sure you'd get concerned gazes if you were practising with knives & other weapons as part of your martial arts training in a public park, for instance. Thankfully, the cultivation of our technique relies on not being seen in the first place. If you're practising stealth at its core, you needn't worry about nervous onlookers.

There's nothing morally objectionable in what we do. And what use is honour if it stops you getting stronger?
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.