Night vision camera

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
Kenlee

Night vision camera

Post by Kenlee » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:17 am

I didn’t have a super big budget and anything on amazon they were quoting a month for delivery so I tracked down a old Sony handycam camcorder with super night vision mode which shoots in 420p

I figured I wanted to record my first night time ops and easily upload them and in time if I can afford it I will either get my hd camcorder concerted or buy a better one

The problem with most cameras on the market is that they have a IR filter built in so even if you had a IR led light and used it, it wouldn’t work and I’m not confident enough to take cameras apart.

I had one of the old handycam when I was younger but I sold it and regretted selling it.

Xanatos

Re: Night vision camera

Post by Xanatos » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:46 am

Shouldn't be difficult to remove the IR filter, there's probably a tutorial or two on how to get it done easily. I'm not well versed in electronics myself, but it might be something to look into if you wanna make your own NO camera.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Kenlee

Re: Night vision camera

Post by Kenlee » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:00 am

I picked up two cameras with night vision enabled and I am very impressed with them one has a filter so I can install a IR filter for day use or just use IR for night time
The more time passes and the more this lockdown carries on the more determined I am to get out at night for exercise

The cameras where dirt cheap $20 for the point and shoot with night vision and about double that for the camcorder and I expect to put them to the test soon