Silent Knife Killing

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Sicarius
Location: Possibly on a distant Mediterranean shore... one day

Silent Knife Killing

Post by Sicarius » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:45 pm

Hello! This post is about silent killing techniques. These techniques were obtained through a study of human anatomy, common sense, and a book titled “The death dealers manual”. I will link a PDF to the book at the end. I take no responsibility for any imbecile who tries to perform these techniques outside of training for fun. These techniques are brutal and should only be used by a trained soldier. I will be going over knives specifically, talking about the type of knife, the techniques, and the situations for each technique.
The ideal knife for silent killing is classified as a “modern” combat dagger, and its origins are from world war two. Of course, this only applies to “modern” combat daggers. While the origin of long pointy things used in killing is unknown, the Italian renaissance is when the “art” truly began. Paranza Corta is a little-known martial art that has two main parts; honorable dance-like duels, and sneaky assassinations. The weapon of choice was the Italian stiletto, due to armor-piercing benefits and concealability. While a little longer than the ideal weapon, it served its purpose for that time. Assassins snuck up on people in large crowds and stabbed them. They targeted specific points, making sure that their target could not scream. They then let the body crumple and walked away unnoticed. Any bystanders who went to check on the body only found a red whole no more than three-quarters of an inch wide. They did not know of the internal injuries caused by the nine to the eleven-inch blade, and if the target survived they would soon die from the soap that coated the blade. This art has been developed to fit the current needs up to the modern-day, although it has been given different names and had different cultural influences. The blade is very important for the functionality of this weapon. A blade two short and several techniques do not work. A blade too large and it becomes much less manipulative in the hands. Wrong shape and many different techniques are needed to effect a kill. The blade must be a minimum of six and a half inches, but no more than ten and a half inches. The blade should belong with intermediate tapering. A good example of a silent killing knife is the Fairbairn and Sykes commando knife. These are excellent, however, something more modern and with a tool such as a glass breaker on the pommel would be much better. Poison would be unnecessary to dispatch sentries, however, a target would benefit from the guaranteed death just to provide certainty.
First I will give you the basics of silent killing. There are two ways to accomplish it. One, by inducing traumatic shock to the targets central nervous system; Two, by cutting off the targets breathing completely, preventing him from recovering it. For more information on stealth killing in general, please read the pdf linked at the bottom. The first method described is very simple. What you want to do is hold the knife in an icepick fashion, with a tight grip and a thumb on the weapon's pommel. The thumb on the pommel is unnecessary if your blade has a crossguard, which I recommend for functionality and looks. First, put your left hand over the target's mouth from behind with a firm grip to stifle any noise. Then, pull the target back and plunge the weapon at the top of the occipital bone and in between the two parietal bones, which are on the top of the head. The next kill seems more video game-like for video game fans out there. Hold the knife in a typical grip, then come behind your target and clamp your hand over their mouth and nose tightly. Then, thrust your blade into their kidney two times, but on the second time twist, the blade then pauses and withdraw. From here, there is two option. Option one is to bring the blade up and stab hilt deep into their neck, and then rip forward as hard as possible without cutting you are and that is on their mouth. The second option is to bring the blade to where your left wrist is positioned and then drag it hardly across their throat. I would use the first option as throat-cutting is iffy, while the second is a guarantee. Another kill done from, with a typical grip, behind is inserting the blade straight into the bottom of the occipital bone, in the hole where your spine connects with your brain. Of course, hand over mouth. The final kill that I am sharing in this article that is done from behind is done in an icepick grip. Pierce into their right lung six to eight inches, then rip upwards as hard as possible. Then, either of the two neck ripping techniques described before should be performed. This is all of the information I am currently sharing about silent knife kills. I have many more, and from different angles, but first I would like to get rated on the quality of my post. If requested, I could even put this information into the library.
Now, these techniques are performed in different situations. The first technique is best used on a target not wearing any protective headgear, such as a modern military helmet because the blade might not pierce deep enough or break if it is poorly made. It also works well if the opponent is sitting down as you have to reach your hand up high. Once the blade is in the brain, the target should crumple instantly. The second technique is best used on targets with headgear or light body armor, or when trying to inspire fear. The target should be standing up and will become rigid as soon the first stab is enacted, and then within thirty seconds will crumple. The third technique should be used on lightly armored individuals with no helmet, and the target can be standing or sitting. Once enacted, the body should crumple. The fourth technique works whether the target is heavily armored or lightly armored and works best if the target is standing. Once enacted, the target might writhe a little.
One must remember that all of these techniques are for entertainment purposes only, and should never be enacted unless you are in the military. I take no responsibility for anyone who does these. If you enjoyed the content, please let me know why. If you disliked it, also please inform me why. I am willing to write more in-depth and post to the library. Thank you for reading this and have a good day!
Here is the link to the book which some techniques are sourced from https://epdf.pub/the-death-dealers-manual.html
Last edited by Sicarius on Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Xanatos

Re: Silent Knife Killing

Post by Xanatos » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:12 pm

Not especially applicable to Night Ops, but it falls within the general purview of the sort of knowledge we discuss here. Lots of typos though.

It's difficult to achieve a truly 'silent' kill even with a knife, as it's unlikely the target will die instantaneously from the wound and you'll need to restrain them until they fully expire to avoid having them thrash around & scream. I've always been against strikes through the skull as it's a very hard bone structure that's difficult to penetrate and even harder to extract the blade once you're done. And head wounds, even to the brain, aren't always fatal - there's plenty of videos of people getting shot or stabbed in the head and still functioning (much to the surprise of the attacker). The exception to this is thrusting upwards at the base of the skull, severing the brain stem and causing instantaneous collapse of the body. The tissues there are easier to penetrate, you have the target's own body weight helping you drive the point home and there's less chance of them struggling.

There's a dozen other knife techniques to 'silently' dispatch someone, but a combination of techniques is best to ensure a kill. Strike multiple targets - heart, jugular, clavicle, lung, kidney... they can't stop the bleeding from all the wounds. I doubt any of you will have much use for this knowledge, but it's an interesting topic to explore and can perhaps educate you on how to avoid receiving such lethal blows yourself, should you be assailed by a knife-wielding opponent.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:46 pm

This was meant to be a little tidbit of information, not all of it. I did not come up with these either, many of them are tried and true, all though I do agree with you on the knife through the top of the skull. A stab to the kidneys induces shock to the target, preventing them from crying out with the additional hand on the mouth. The technique where the lung was tabbed fills it with blood which prevents outcry and further breathing. The technique where the blade is inserted at the base of the occipital bone is effective as well because the spine is being cut as well as the brain being pierced. Screaming is unlikely or physically impossible on some silent knife kills, although thrashing is possible on some of them as I stated in my post. Anybody shot or stabbed in the head who survived most likely had a sloppy attack done to them, as an attack performed with the skill to the head is done with knowledge behind it. Malala Yousafzai is a great example. Her attacker shot her in the head but due to sloppiness and luck, Malala survived the wound. She was not attacked by someone who has studied the attack, the target, or anatomy. I do agree with you about multiple techniques being performed at the same time, but this is not necessary if in a rush and trying to dispatch a sentry. If trying to assassinate a target, then yes I agree with you mix multiple techniques in a sequence that works. Thank you for your feedback, and quick question; could you please point out any typos? I only see two or three. Thank you and have a good day!
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:15 am

User wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:45 pm
found a red whole no more than three quarters of an inch
A blade two short
Wrong shape and much different techniques are needed
And many others.

It's quite easy to deliver multiple strikes on an opponent. A common one is transitioning from a throat slice to a kidney thrust, or from heart to throat.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:38 am

Okay, thank you for your corrections on grammar and typos, I will make sure to fix that. However, have you tried transitioning between these attacks? Also, there is the addition of flesh and tissue making the transition even harder. The order in which the attacks occur is also very important. If you stab someone in that artery in the leg where you bleed out from before the kidney, then they could scream before shock sets in. The heart is a bad target for two reasons. It makes death slower, and a blade can be blocked by bone. The heart would be better off as a second target, not a first. You would also want to be kind to your target, and give them quick death while suiting your needs.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:32 am

If the goal is to kill them, I think mercy is out the window. It's easier transitioning from a cut to a thrust rather than the other way around. And the heart can actually be reached with an upward thrust at the solar plexus, passing under the ribcage. Although I haven't tried any of these techniques 'for real' so I can't say for certain what works and what doesn't, but I practise martial arts and have an understanding of human anatomy. Your mileage may vary.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:30 pm

Hello, sorry it took me so long to reply I got rather busy. I agree with you that it is easier transitioning from a cut to a thrust. However, it is also easier to cook pancakes without mixing the batter. While this works well convenience wise, you can not make pancakes without the mixture. The same concept applies here. Cutting them first is smoother but will not disable them most of the time, therefore defeating the purpose of the kill as they can call out before death. A stab is better suited for the initial attack, and then an according follow up attack to another vital area. As for the heart, you are correct in how it can be reached. The problem is that damage to the heart leads to a slow death rather than a quick and silent one. Many other superior targets lead to quick deaths and are easier to reach. I completely disagree with your view on mercy, however. Everyone should be granted mercy for two reasons. No one, no matter the crime or reason, should recieve a slow death, especially a guard or sentry as they are simply working for money. The second reason is to be a better person than the one you just killed if they were "bad". Becoming as bad as someone you just killed is something that should be avoided, as one begins to lose their soul and compassion. This is one of the reasons I like the original assassins creed games. You killed and then told them rest in peace, and granted them a swift death. The part about mercy, regardless of your opinion, is indisputable as can be seen by many professional hitmen and government killers. Thank you very much for reading this and have a good day!

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:32 pm

What martial arts do you practice? I forgot to ask before.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:26 pm

A mix of styles, although a lot of what I know of sentry removal come from military manuals.