Anybody know where to buy a decent lock pick set?

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
bo_staff_assassin21

Anybody know where to buy a decent lock pick set?

Post by bo_staff_assassin21 » Sun May 26, 2019 11:50 am

The only cheap lock pick sets I could find were on Wish, but I don't trust Chinese knock offs. Anyone have any better ideas?

Xanatos

Re: Anybody know where to buy a decent lock pick set?

Post by Xanatos » Sun May 26, 2019 12:52 pm

Lockpicks are more ubiquitous than you'd think. They're readily available on sites like Amazon or Ebay, or you can find a local locksmith or somebody who sells locksmithing supplies. I picked up a new EDC pick set (with wrench) and a practise lock from a fair recently.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Secant
Admin

Post by Secant » Mon May 27, 2019 1:16 am

If you go to a trade show or conference where TOOOL has a booth or runs a lockpicking village event, they will usually sell reasonable quality lockpicks and practice locks.

This youtube channel has a bunch of pick reviews as well:

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/user/bosnianbill

Kenlee

Post by Kenlee » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:29 am

There’s a website called sparrow lock picks they are supposed to be really good and they have a UK and USA website

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:48 pm

Can't go wrong with SouthOrd, a lot of us started with them and they still work just fine. You can find them everywhere. You might consider a set with a good wide hook to learn with, it's a bit easier to get purchase on the bottom of a pin with the extra surface compared to more pointed/narrow ones. It's also worth your time to get or make a practice stand you can install locks onto. Basic Masterlock padlocks are also among the simplest locks out there and worth practicing on just to get an idea of what you'll be doing.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.