Nike Pro-Combat Gear

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
BlackDynamite

Nike Pro-Combat Gear

Post by BlackDynamite » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:41 pm

So I've seen a lot of people talk about body armor on here especially people with budget constraints. I was thinking the other day and remembered reading about Nike's "Hyper-Strong" Pro Combat collection and how it may be of use/interest. Its pretty much under-armor meets body armor, meant for athletes in high impact sports designed to protect sensitive areas.

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop, ... gid-568530

I figured this product can apply to a lot of night-oppers because of its features. For example,

-Compression fitting like normal under-armor so you can wear layers over it.
-Padded Impact protection where its needed with the option of adding more i believe
-Moisture wicking material meant to keep you dry and comfortable

Although I know this stuff isnt meant to stop bullets or knives it can at least provide an added layer of protection to falls or maybe even a small fist fight. Additionally i know Nike is always on the pricey side but maybe if you look around you can find them used or cheaper alternatives.

Let me know what your opinions are, Id like to get your feedback on how this could be of potential use to a Night-opper.

Xanatos

Re: Nike Pro-Combat Gear

Post by Xanatos » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:48 pm

Maybe if it was a full bodysuit or something it could be useful if you needed to roll/crawl over broken glass or similarly jagged terrain, but other than that it just looks unnecessary.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

BlackDynamite

Post by BlackDynamite » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:10 am

Understandable, just tossing the idea around.
Thinking about it more you would only probably need it use it when the op called for it rather than every time.

Teutoni

Post by Teutoni » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:13 am

I just see the protection as too limited as it stands right now. Maybe if it did become a full body suit as Xanatos mentioned.
Keep 'em chained, boys!

Illusion

Post by Illusion » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:00 am

I think the main times I've ended up with any form of injury is.. never, because I'm a bad ass. That said, I've mainly seen puncture wounds to hands when climbing - some of you may remember the photos of my little first aid escapade where my friend got his finger impaled on a spikey palisade fence.

That said, depending on what you're doing - this could be pretty useful. If you're prone to cuts/scrapes when climbing for instance. Or tunnelling, I've often bumped myself in places. (As a side note, I've found knee-pads are incredibly useful)

Naturally, if you end up in some confrontation - any protection is better than none. It's all about the trade off how much you're prepared to pay for how much protection.
"I'm not worried about this because I am too strong, too good, too intelligent, but I want to say to the others 'don't follow the stupid'."

Lynx

Post by Lynx » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:41 pm

This would probably make good protection from leg kicks.
Other than that, no other use.
Don't take it too seriously, you're not coming out of it alive.