Auto-login not working

Tell us how we can improve the night ops forum. Your suggestions and complaints are welcome.
Xanatos

Auto-login not working

Post by Xanatos » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:31 am

When I visit the forum and sign in I keep ticking the "Sign in automatically" box, but whenever I re-visit the site I always have to keep logging in. Is it just me?
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Ysidro

Re: Auto-login not working

Post by Ysidro » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:35 am

This may seem obvious, but are you deleting cookies used to track your login info or are you using a program similar to Google's "incognito webpage"? This would prevent Auto-login by removing your IP information, I think.
I also read somewhere that people using recently updated internet browsers, specifically Firefox and safari, are having issues with auto-login but this is a problem unrelated to individual websites.
“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security”
-Ben Franklin

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:29 am

I'm part of two other forums and the auto-login works fine there, it's just this site that's not working properly.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Ysidro

Post by Ysidro » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:47 am

Okay, I'm not sure I have any other ideas, sorry. I don't have this problem with the website as I do not use auto-login; maybe someone who does might have a solution. Good Luck anyways.
“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security”
-Ben Franklin

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:47 am

I get the same thing but I haven't found any solutions, autologin works on other forums.

Secant
Admin

Post by Secant » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:26 pm

I just upgraded phpBB to 3.0.7. Can you clear your cookies, etc and try again?

Does auto-login work for anybody at all?

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:45 am

My computer decided to get a virus yesterday (just when I'm about to get ACII after a several month delay!!!) so I managed to download Google Chrome to gain internet access. I'm still getting used to it and have to re-establish my internet history, so I'll test it out later.

EDIT: Auto-login seems to be working now.