Site upgrade bug reports

Tell us how we can improve the night ops forum. Your suggestions and complaints are welcome.
Secant
Admin

Site upgrade bug reports

Post by Secant » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:29 am

Please post here if you have any issues with, complaints about, or suggestions for the site redesign. Provide steps to reproduce, if you can.

Secant
Admin

Re: Site upgrade bug reports

Post by Secant » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:28 am

Fucking Æternaeon.

EDIT: "last edited" box is off to the left.

EDIT: http://nightops.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1115 This whole thread is a bug. There should be a way to display people logged into chat in the footer or something.
Last edited by Secant on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: edits

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:33 pm

Not 'bugs' per se, but suggestions for improvement:

- Custom user colour schemes. I miss having that red & black colour scheme as it was an easy way for me to tell if I was logged in or not.
- Tabs in Chat. Keeping track of multiple conversations in the same window with the (whisper) feature becomes troublesome.
- Greater contrast in topic icons for when new posts are added. Icons should be a darker shade so when a new post is posted, the white stands out a little better.
- Need angry smileys in Chat. :x
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Secant
Admin

Post by Secant » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:57 am

Xanatos wrote:Not 'bugs' per se, but suggestions for improvement:

- Custom user colour schemes. I miss having that red & black colour scheme as it was an easy way for me to tell if I was logged in or not.
- Tabs in Chat. Keeping track of multiple conversations in the same window with the (whisper) feature becomes troublesome.
- Greater contrast in topic icons for when new posts are added. Icons should be a darker shade so when a new post is posted, the white stands out a little better.
- Need angry smileys in Chat. :x
- I can make a red theme by replacing all the green stuff with red stuff, no problem.
- Lack of tabs is definitely a limitation of ajax chat. I'm starting to think that an IRC server/web client is really the only good solution to this problem.
- Agreed, the old icons were much easier to see. I'll try to edit the icon set.
- AJAX chat should support custom smilies
QuantumFisher wrote:The chat has latency. Many are complaining.
Not much I can do about that unfortunately. The chat runs out of the database now, and it's not the fastest thing in the world... Again, I'm thinking irc is the way to go here.
TheBurnedMan wrote:another suggestion, if possible I think it would be better if people had to type in a name of some kind before entering chat.
Good point. There is a forced login mode, but I had deliberately disabled it so that the chat would be more inviting and draw people in. Anyone else feel strongly about this?

EDIT: chat discussion continued here: http://nightops.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1599

Æternaeon

Post by Æternaeon » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:09 am

Secant wrote:Fucking Æternaeon.
Sacrifice the body, not the heart.

Coryne

Post by Coryne » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:21 pm

Perhaps you could add a gallery with all those pictures that are randomly displayed at the main page.

TheBurnedMan

Post by TheBurnedMan » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:29 am

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

vonunov

Post by vonunov » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:39 pm

After some recent change, I can't use my forum username from a regular IRC client.

Code: Select all

(3 1536 09) [192] ;;; Nick Jack is already in use
(3 1536 20) [192] ;;; Jack (enforcer@localhost.net)
(3 1536 20) [192] ;;;  ircname  : Services Enforcer
(3 1536 20) [192] ;;;  server   : services.artorias.nightops.net (Services for IRC Networks)
(3 1536 20) [192] ;;; End of WHOIS

Code: Select all

(3 1537 56) (Jackie) recover jack ********
(3 1537 56) (NickServ(services@services.irc.net) ) No one is using your nick, and services are not holding it.
Meet me down by the railroad track.