Chat meeting

Tell us how we can improve the night ops forum. Your suggestions and complaints are welcome.
Nigma

Chat meeting

Post by Nigma » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:25 am

How about we organize a few monthly chat meetings? It would be nice to talk with people in a live environment instead of via forum posts. :D

Xanatos

Re: Chat meeting

Post by Xanatos » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:53 am

That's actually not a bad idea, although given our global dispersal it would be difficult to organise an appropriate timeframe for everyone. I'm mostly nocturnal so my timeframe is flexible enough.

Thoughts, anyone else?
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Nigma

Post by Nigma » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:47 pm

I thought of it since every time I logon the chat room, I'm all there by my self.

I understand the time lapse between everyone, either because of region or nocturnal vampires like yourself might prove difficult to get some people in one place at the same time. We could schedule them in advance (using GMT time so everyone can act accordingly). Just shooting the idea out there. Could be fun. :)

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:14 am

It would be easier to use the UTC clock in the top-right corner of the site (under the Search, Members list and User Control Panel). The timing depends on where most of your operatives are located (the US, presumably) and what shifts everyone is available.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Nigma

Post by Nigma » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:28 am

UTC and GMT are the same. Good pointing out the clock up there, I hadn't noticed it. :D

Nukes

Post by Nukes » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:00 pm

I think that's an awesome idea. This week is my last week of summer classes to I'm hoping I'll start to be more active again seeing as I'll have almost all the free time in the world. I'm usually on at night. 11pm EST. i can't be arsed to do the math right now.
Hey you! Yes YOU! Go here... http://night-ops.net/chat/

Nigma

Post by Nigma » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:16 pm

Last night I caught Therin and Teutoni on the chat. We talked for about an hour it I was taking notes right off the bat. I can't imagine what a crowd could bring, education-wise. Awesome! :D