GanjaMonster

Are you a new member? Introduce yourself here!
GanjaMonster

GanjaMonster

Post by GanjaMonster » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:04 am

So I'm new to the site and the term 'night-opping', but I've been doing stuff like this all my life. My most proficient skills are Lock Picking (started learning when I was in grade 6). I've a mild background in chemistry, and Thermite is one of my favorite compositions to use, very good at getting rid of obstacles imo, though the bulk and the fact that it's really, really suspicious to be burning giant 2000 degree holes in things are drawbacks. I'm into graffiti. Not your average everyday wall scribbles, actual art. I take pride in my pieces, even though I know I can't tell people about them. My buddy and I have an ideal, "Sow the Seed". It's pretty much a knowledge is power concept. The more knowledge we spread, the bigger the rebellion.
I'm from Ontario, Canada. Lots of good places to break into around here, tonnes of old factories and warehouses. Good stuff all around. If theres anyone from the same province, don't hesitate to PM me and what not. I haven't gone on any missions lately, been busy with other things, but plan to once the weather clears up (it's cold and icy rightnow).

Peace,
GM

CokeCanNinja

Re: GanjaMonster

Post by CokeCanNinja » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:02 pm

Cool. Have fun. BTW, thermite can get up to 5k degrees F.

GanjaMonster

Post by GanjaMonster » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:43 am

CokeCanNinja wrote:Cool. Have fun. BTW, thermite can get up to 5k degrees F.
Yeah, 2,500 °C, 4,530 °F. I was talking celsius, I guess I should specify, :p

CokeCanNinja

Post by CokeCanNinja » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:31 am

Not really, at temperatures that high it's just RFH. (Really Fucking Hot)

GanjaMonster

Post by GanjaMonster » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:19 am

True. :P

AlphaWolf426

Post by AlphaWolf426 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:53 am

never used it but want to, ill stick to good old fashioned IEDs if i gotta go that far
the post above is a purely fictional story made up for entertainment purposes and/or just a hypothetical depiction of what could happen. any resembelence to any actual persons, places, things or events are entirely unintentional and coincidental.

GanjaMonster

Post by GanjaMonster » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:41 am

Could always combine the two, I've read about a thermite utilizing Copper Oxide instead of Iron Oxide, and it explodes upon ignition instead of burning like regular thermite. Though it would probably be harder to come by Copper Oxide than Iron Oxide.

I've heard some really good ideas involving thermite cast into small blocks by mixing with a small amount of Plaster of Paris and pouring into an ice-cube tray. A sparkler is then stuck into the top and the cubes are let to dry, perfect for tearing through locks when you don't have the time or patience for picking it.

AlphaWolf426

Post by AlphaWolf426 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:37 pm

i know how to get/make iron oxide but is copper oxide any harder to obtain? im thinking of making like a white phosphorus anti-personell grenade, except with cheaper eaiser to get materials. my main objective for use would blowing/burning locks/doors open as well as a defensive measure and as a flash/bang effect to scare/stun personell and vehicles or create a diversion. any ideas for a combination device?
the post above is a purely fictional story made up for entertainment purposes and/or just a hypothetical depiction of what could happen. any resembelence to any actual persons, places, things or events are entirely unintentional and coincidental.

GanjaMonster

Post by GanjaMonster » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:22 pm

White phosphorous, or any phosphorous, is something that you should not be playing with unless you have a legit chem lab and a degree in chemistry. If you want flash bang material, just make simple flash powder, it's alot more stable than phosphorous based explosives, and basically non toxic in comparison.
Copper oxide would be more difficult to get, I think one would have to buy it online if anything. Unless theres a science supply shop nearby. Pharmacies may be able to get a hold of it for you as well.
Edit: As for Ideas, you could make a magnesium based flash powder with Mg powder and KClO4 (Potassium Perchlorate). It would give off a bright light as well as a loud bang, though this kind is more sensitive to friction/impact than Al based powders. You could make a flare-esque weapon, again using magnesium as the main component, and have it burn for a longer period of time, I'm not sure what composition you'd use for that, google it and you'll likely find it.