There's an Intruder besides me?

Are you a new member? Introduce yourself here!
Intruder

There's an Intruder besides me?

Post by Intruder » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:32 am

I thought I should open with the classic quote from Metal Gear Solid. The reaction of a person in the middle of a covert infiltration, discovering that he is in fact not alone, runs parallel to my experiences, and my discovery of the others. This place has some of those others.

Among the various subcultures that use stealth as a means to an end instead of a codefied pursuit there is always something lacking.

Urban exploration. Roof and Tunnel hackers. Elevator surfers. Train hoppers. Stealth campers. Soldiers. Spies. Skip tracers. Bounty Hunters. Private security auditers. Red Teamers. Pen Testers. Undercovers. Investegators. Informants. Second story men. Bank jobbers. Thieves. Scouts. Snipers. Assassins. Hitmen. Sneakernet couriers. Drug Dealers. Coyotes. Smugglers. Hunters. Trackers. Recces. Operators. Forward Engineers. Tunnel Rats. Guerillas. Insurgents. Freedom Fighters.

The more I hear people say things such as "What do you have to hide?", I ask myself why is it that so much of the most significant roles and charachters in imagination and reality - why is it that they are often perpetrators of stealth? For me it comes back to the most reductive and base of ideas. Stealth is the first and simplest defence in a hostile world. Is it any wonder that the practice of it should be taken for granted even though the safety of that world is like so much smoke in wind?

The Zen masters say, Your true self has no where to hide.

Well I do not. That is why I am here.

I am patient, practiced and equipped. I hope to become better. If you have any specific questions don't hesitate to ask.

Xanatos

Re: There's an Intruder besides me?

Post by Xanatos » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:24 pm

The lion has nothing to fear from the gazelle, so why on earth does it feel the need to hide either? It's our nature.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Sicarius
Location: Possibly on a distant Mediterranean shore... one day

Post by Sicarius » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:56 pm

Would you be willing to share some of your experiences in depth? I am always interested in hearing different perspectives on stealth, and I like your philosophical approach.
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Intruder

Post by Intruder » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:39 am

Always. I was looking through the Dare master list and noticed that a lot of them I have already done over the years. I have a few documented experiences mostly drawn from footage for accuracy. Helps keep records and recall sharp.

I tend to do a lot of shallow rooftops. I'm rural now but go out of my way to get to urban zones every chance I can.

Anything I do from now on, I will do my best to get a record and do a full write up.