Hello Everyone

Are you a new member? Introduce yourself here!
Carnifex

Hello Everyone

Post by Carnifex » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:13 pm

Hi

I am not really new here since I have been a lurker for a while. So now I have decided to make a profile and start doing more. I was thinking of doing some dares. First I will do the easy ones and then slowly progress to the harder ones (most likely wont do the Very Hard ones).

Also, I really want to know the history of this forum, and I read somewhere about a "Temple" being mentioned. What is this about anyways? I did not have time to research, so it would be greatly appreciated if somebody could quickly explain or send me a link where I can read more about it.

Anything else that I can say about myself? Well, I love shooting guns during the weekends, sometimes I do parkour, play video games, learn programming and of course night oping.

English is not my mother tongue so I am sorry if I made some grammar mistakes :)
Anyways, glad to be here...

Xanatos

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by Xanatos » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:28 am

We have a History section in our Library, as for the 'Temple' you're probably referring to an op from 2016 during NOPCON II by Psychlonic and I.

Dares are a fun way to test your limits and explore new targets. So long as you have a camera that can take photos in the dark (flash photography, nightvision, etc) they can be performed by anyone.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Sicarius
Location: Possibly on a distant Mediterranean shore... one day

Post by Sicarius » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:20 am

Xanatos wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:28 am
We have a History section in our Library, as for the 'Temple' you're probably referring to an op from 2016 during NOPCON II by Psychlonic and I.

Dares are a fun way to test your limits and explore new targets. So long as you have a camera that can take photos in the dark (flash photography, nightvision, etc) they can be performed by anyone.
Is he reffering to the "Temple" op or TOTSE?
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Carnifex

Post by Carnifex » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:36 pm

Yes, I asked about TOTSE, not the op.

But yeah, tomorrow I will go on an op, that is, if I get the time. Probably will film it too. I created a YouTube channel to post some of these videos because Stealth Technique keeps disappearing. Sadly, I do not have amazing equipment. Hopefully a phone camera will be enough combined with some video editing skills. And I won't make tutorial videos since most people on this forum can search the library or check a few posts regarding specific skills and howto's (unless I have something new to share).

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:44 pm

Carnifex wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:36 pm
Yes, I asked about TOTSE, not the op.

But yeah, tomorrow I will go on an op, that is, if I get the time. Probably will film it too. I created a YouTube channel to post some of these videos because Stealth Technique keeps disappearing. Sadly, I do not have amazing equipment. Hopefully a phone camera will be enough combined with some video editing skills. And I won't make tutorial videos since most people on this forum can search the library or check a few posts regarding specific skills and howto's (unless I have something new to share).
Cool, glad even more people feel the same about Stealth Technique

Stealth Technique, if you are reading this... STOP SWINGING HAMMERS IF YOU WANT VIEWS DAMN IT
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:10 pm

StelTec can do whatever the fuck he wants. If he wants to swing hammers & katanas around, that's his business. He doesn't work for Night Ops and isn't obligated to make content specifically for us or you. He's another content creator like myself - people enjoy some of our stuff, they don't enjoy the rest. Take it or leave it.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Carnifex

Post by Carnifex » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:25 pm

Xanatos wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:10 pm
StelTec can do whatever the fuck he wants. If he wants to swing hammers & katanas around, that's his business. He doesn't work for Night Ops and isn't obligated to make content specifically for us or you. He's another content creator like myself - people enjoy some of our stuff, they don't enjoy the rest. Take it or leave it.
I totally agree with you Xanatos. Let the man do what he wants. I just think it would be nice to see more videos from him. But he is probably busy like most of us.
Doesn't matter what or when he posts, as long as he is healthy and fine.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:54 pm

Xanatos wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:10 pm
Agreed, I just find it annoying of him, especially just ditching his audience. For example, if I made content about stealth and then started talking about combat very heavily, well I find that people have a right to be irritated with me and complain. I laid out what I was going to do, and didn't do it. Maybe its just me, idk, apologies if I sounded trollish in the initial message

NewGuy

Post by NewGuy » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:10 pm

NOPCON? Dares? These are new terms to me, and searching the web didn't really help. Can anyone explain?

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:10 pm

NewGuy wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:10 pm
NOPCON? Dares? These are new terms to me, and searching the web didn't really help. Can anyone explain?
NOPCON is a social gathering of several operators, to complete a series of missions. It occurred twice I think? I wasnt there so I dont know anymore.

Dares are challenges where you take a picture with some weird-ass code word on paper, these are found in "Night Ops and Urban Exploration" and is the first link to click

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:35 am

NewGuy wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:10 pm
Dare Forum
NOPCON 1

NOPCON 2 threads are scattered around the Experiences section.