hello operatives

Are you a new member? Introduce yourself here!
Descreet

hello operatives

Post by Descreet » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:57 pm

a stealthy approach to life have always been my thing. past few years i kinda lost my way, i was too emotional. lately i've been trying to get back to my roots and this forum seems inspirational.

haven't really done any night ops but maybe i can dare to once i learn enough.

i train parkour so definitely looking forward to take and give advice.

Bruce Wayne

Re: hello operatives

Post by Bruce Wayne » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:24 pm

Awesome! Glad to have you. Very nice on the parkour. I train it too, but not as much as I would like to. If you don't mind me asking, what are your roots?
"If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal and if they can't stop you, you become something else entirely - legend, Mr Wayne."

Sicarius
Location: Possibly on a distant Mediterranean shore... one day

Post by Sicarius » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:41 am

I am guessing you are the human who thanked me for the link on Stealth Technique's YouTube channel? Either way, I hope you enjoy the forum!

EDIT: Why the fuck did I write human lol, I meant to write person
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Descreet

Post by Descreet » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:40 pm

Bruce Wayne wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:24 pm
Awesome! Glad to have you. Very nice on the parkour. I train it too, but not as much as I would like to. If you don't mind me asking, what are your roots?
I think everyone here knows some parkour and that's so cool. How much do you train? What I meant by roots is my personality in the past. Keeping a low profile, getting on with everyone, ignoring my ego and finding ways around stuff rather than trying to force my dominance, managing anger, and as a result finding the will to help others too. In short, not being stupid. I know it kinda sounds unrelated to what this forum is about but... Yeah :D

Descreet

Post by Descreet » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:43 pm

Sicarius wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:41 am
I am guessing you are the human who thanked me for the link on Stealth Technique's YouTube channel? Either way, I hope you enjoy the forum!

EDIT: Why the fuck did I write human lol, I meant to write person
Yeah lol. I am that homo sapiens sapiens that thanked you on YouTube. Thanks again!

Bruce Wayne

Post by Bruce Wayne » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:12 am

cabbar wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:40 pm
Bruce Wayne wrote:
I think everyone here knows some parkour and that's so cool. How much do you train? What I meant by roots is my personality in the past. Keeping a low profile, getting on with everyone, ignoring my ego and finding ways around stuff rather than trying to force my dominance, managing anger, and as a result finding the will to help others too. In short, not being stupid. I know it kinda sounds unrelated to what this forum is about but... Yeah :D
About once a month when I come across a good spot. I know how to do dash, kash, kong, speed, and thief vaults, wall running needs severe work, same as my wall pop up, and I can do some precisions. I can climb a lot slowly, but not with speed and fluidity.
And I understand about your roots. It can be related! It sounds a little bit like the grey man and that is a psychological side of steath!
"If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal and if they can't stop you, you become something else entirely - legend, Mr Wayne."

Descreet

Post by Descreet » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:20 pm

Bruce Wayne wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:12 am
cabbar wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:40 pm
Bruce Wayne wrote:
About once a month when I come across a good spot. I know how to do dash, kash, kong, speed, and thief vaults, wall running needs severe work, same as my wall pop up, and I can do some precisions. I can climb a lot slowly, but not with speed and fluidity.
And I understand about your roots. It can be related! It sounds a little bit like the grey man and that is a psychological side of steath!
Good, you know all the vaults you'll need (assuming you already know step vault since that's the basic vault) and don't worry about wall pop, it's a niche move. It can be noisy, you would use it for escape only and while you escape, pop vaulting over head height is risky if you haven't practiced on that wall before as it might slip and you may hit your knee, you'll lose speed. You can easily learn pop vaulting up to shoulder height once you learn wallrun and climb up lvl2. Those two moves are very important imo so I recommend, at least until you learn, practicing them once a week (with a cheap but grippy shoe of course) You should try one and two step wallruns and try each with both left and right foot as the first foot to kick on the wall, maybe your current variation doesn't suit you?

Most of parkour is about being fit, not studying technique so everything that burns calories or builds muscle will help with the moves. I personally got really faster after building some muscle through exercise yet slowed down a lot more after gaining about 5kg (none is muscle mass lol) in the past years.

Glad you could relate. I didn't know about the Gray Man stereotype so thanks for info and yeah, that's pretty much what I'm going for.

Bruce Wayne

Post by Bruce Wayne » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:56 pm

Good, you know all the vaults you'll need (assuming you already know step vault since that's the basic vault) and don't worry about wall pop, it's a niche move. It can be noisy, you would use it for escape only and while you escape, pop vaulting over head height is risky if you haven't practiced on that wall before as it might slip and you may hit your knee, you'll lose speed. You can easily learn pop vaulting up to shoulder height once you learn wallrun and climb up lvl2. Those two moves are very important imo so I recommend, at least until you learn, practicing them once a week (with a cheap but grippy shoe of course) You should try one and two step wallruns and try each with both left and right foot as the first foot to kick on the wall, maybe your current variation doesn't suit you?

Most of parkour is about being fit, not studying technique so everything that burns calories or builds muscle will help with the moves. I personally got really faster after building some muscle through exercise yet slowed down a lot more after gaining about 5kg (none is muscle mass lol) in the past years.

Glad you could relate. I didn't know about the Gray Man stereotype so thanks for info and yeah, that's pretty much what I'm going for.
Thank you for the advice. Much appreciated. I definitely need to practice 2 step wall runs. I've only done one step with my right foot. Didn't even think about using my left foot too! And weekly sound good.
Sometimes I forget to do things explosively as well. I guess I try to reserve energy so I don't gas out fast, but in turn, the movement comes out all soggy.

Good to hear. It's definitely an interesting concept to dive into.