Trying to get into Night Ops

Are you a new member? Introduce yourself here!
Sunnobu Ver Easteg

Trying to get into Night Ops

Post by Sunnobu Ver Easteg » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:47 pm

So...This actually the first time I joined a forum, so I don't know how to interact very well with this either.

Hello, I'm still in school and never really did a Night Op, but I am dying to try it out. I live in a city where there are many good places, but I don't have any equipment nor a car to go there and back, since it's supposed to be at night I'm guessing I will only have the weekend because school. I have a good body structure (I think) I am tall srong enough to do simple things and all that, I've been doing the homework that has been being posted here aswell. I would be currently exploring if my mom wasn't a thing ahaha, but I guess I'll just to trick or something cause I'm not jumping from the 4th floor.

So...I've prolonged this a little now, sorry, and all I wanted to say is...I look forward working with all of you!

Xanatos

Re: Trying to get into Night Ops

Post by Xanatos » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:38 pm

Sneaking out of the house is part of the op itself. As far as I'm concerned, travelling to & from the AO requires the same tactical awareness & calm mindset, analogous to soldiers TABbing to & from an objective. If travel is gonna be a major obstacle for you, take advantage of any travel time - going camping somewhere, visiting a friend/family member's place, going to a party, or the rare occasion you get the house to yourself. When I was little I used to 'op' my own house while everyone was asleep. Ended up falling asleep in all sorts of strange places.

We all start somewhere.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Sunnobu Ver Easteg

Post by Sunnobu Ver Easteg » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:29 pm

Thank you, I am already practicing around my house, and today I will try and explore the outside world. Thank you for your help

fx1k

Post by fx1k » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:31 pm

Learning to exit the house well is the first big step most of us take here. For our younger operatives, infiltration/exfiltration of the home is often the most important part of the whole op! It certainly was for me when I was younger.

Once I got out of the house, I started opping by just exploring things in the neighborhood. After a while, I figured out ways where I could set up a bicycle or a vehicle during the day so that it would be easily accessible at night. Daytime preparation of the house can be a huge help. I used to do things like put petroleum jelly on squeaky windows, stash bags of opping clothes/gear outside, map out loud floorboards, and unlock certain entry/exit points.

Good luck out there, and keep us updated on how it's going.

Necrogue

Post by Necrogue » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:20 am

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” — J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings