New here, love it already.

Are you a new member? Introduce yourself here!
Bruce Wayne

New here, love it already.

Post by Bruce Wayne » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:01 pm

Hello everyone. As I've said, I'm new to the forum but not too new to stealth. So far I'm in love with this community and the vast library of stealth methods. I also adore the dare forum and the list of infiltration sites ranked easiest to hardest. I just sat down yesterday and read most of the completed dares and you guys did not disappoint. I would like to complete dares too but the only camera I have is on my crappy tablet that would suffer trying to take a photo at night. I could buy a camera but that's not my priority right now. I'm still going to complete as many dares as I can do, but I won't be posting. I have a neighbor with a nice backyard, quite a bit of woods, a church, and a horse stable to complete them. Like I said earlier though, I'm not completely new to stealth. I have a lock pick set, pad lock shims, cards for carding, a shove knife, grappling hook and rope, balaclava, gloves, stealth clothing, and more. Excited to befriend you guys, share stories and techniques, and dive into that library.
"If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal and if they can't stop you, you become something else entirely - legend, Mr Wayne."

Xanatos

Re: New here, love it already.

Post by Xanatos » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:51 am

You can pick up an old digital camera for pretty cheap on Amazon or something, but like you said there's nothing stopping you from exploring Dare targets regardless.

What's your background in stealth exactly? How'd you get into it?
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Bruce Wayne

Post by Bruce Wayne » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:31 pm

I first started my interest a 2 years ago when I became heavily inspired by Batman and his extensive training in literally everything including shinobi no jutsu. Sherlock Holmes too, also the worlds greatest detective, who also is a master lock picker and able to disguise himself to get in where ever he wants. I mostly learned to lock pick and do some basic parkour, but other than that, I never took it too seriously. I never really found any methods for stealth except how to walk. I also have a friend who is into the exactly the same kind of stuff, and he gave me his tabbi boots that are way too big for him and me. I don't really use it ever because of how loose it is. Then late last year I rewatched Batman Begins and realized that Batman is (aside from a detective) a ninja. I then really tried to find ninja training that isn't just how to stealth walk and I found Stealth Technique on YouTube. That was my first real exposure to real stealth and I loved everything about it. Then I found Shadow Work from Stealth Technique and his channel was the cherry on the top because his environment is closer to mine, more woodsy. I also like the emergency preparedness idea he has when it comes to stealth. From both of them I acquired a grappling hook, mask, clothing for hiding, gloves, and 2 books from Anthony Cummins on shinobi. I also did more research on lock bypassing instead of picking cause I'm not amazing at picking. If one door is difficult I can have other means to open it than giving up. But I practice opening doors around the house and climbing trees with the grappling hook, still some parkour, and experimenting with shadows. Never snuck on someone else's property yet though.
I found this site from Stealth Technique's video he recently posted, and here I am!
"If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal and if they can't stop you, you become something else entirely - legend, Mr Wayne."

spartan_ninja45

Post by spartan_ninja45 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:55 pm

Seems like activity has spiked since Stealth Technique mentioned the forum in his recent video. Glad to see more people showing interest

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:03 am

Likewise. Hopefully they'll stick around.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Bruce Wayne

Post by Bruce Wayne » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:49 pm

I definitely am staying.

Dred Nightstalker

Post by Dred Nightstalker » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:55 pm

Maybe you should use your stealth skills to do something useful like creep into people's houses and steal their jewelry and cash instead of fantasizing about Batman and ninjas. Then you'll be able to afford things like cameras, food, housing and whatever else you need to survive as an adult. You sound very young; keep in mind that if you're under 18 the penalties for burglary aren't that severe. Just some friendly advice.

Bruce Wayne

Post by Bruce Wayne » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:22 pm

I don't believe in stealing others possessions nor do I see it as a good use of stealth. I see a survival situation and emergency preparedness as a good use of stealth. Probably after the collapse would I loot empty houses and warehouses, but that is not needed now.
I am above 18 and I can most definitely afford a camera, but like I said earlier, it's not a priority. I would rather invest in EDC, survival gear, stealth gear and precious metals then a camera. I am pretty disciplined when it come to money management. Thank you for the advice though.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:23 am

Dred Nightstalker wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:55 pm
Maybe you should use your stealth skills to do something useful like creep into people's houses and steal their jewelry and cash instead of fantasizing about Batman and ninjas. Then you'll be able to afford things like cameras, food, housing and whatever else you need to survive as an adult. You sound very young; keep in mind that if you're under 18 the penalties for burglary aren't that severe. Just some friendly advice.
The good ol' days of burglary are long gone - very few people keep much cash in the house now and anything worth stealing usually has some kind of tracking device on it. Often times it's more trouble than it's worth.

We promote the training & cultivation of stealth disciplines, we don't advocate what these skills "should" be used for. This is like saying you should use your superior martial arts & weapons training to go around mugging people.

Kenlee

Post by Kenlee » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:37 pm

Welcome, in terms of camera I am saving for an old second hand handycam because they had 30gb hard drives and nightvision and these days sell on places like eBay for a reasonable price

Also some of the older phones are cheap and have good HD cameras you can also get IR flash lights to use with cameras some people on YouTube put up tutorials for making your own nightvision cameras cheaply

There is also Banggood which ship worldwide and sell cheap spy cameras or action cameras

Bruce Wayne

Post by Bruce Wayne » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:01 pm

Thank you for the advice.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:25 am

I recorded the Church Op using one of those cheap handycams with IR. While the footage turned out okay, it's a real pain to op with because the bright LED screen kills your nightvision. You essentially have to op through the lens of the camera.