Calling all 2005 - 2010 opers !

Are you a new member? Introduce yourself here!
Enfaded!

Calling all 2005 - 2010 opers !

Post by Enfaded! » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:15 am

Hi folks !

Saying hello from Australia ; have oped for many years . Looking for any of the old fellas that used to be on this site from the early 2000”s. Looking forward to being back on the site to read stories and share advice. Trying to do a bit more opting of lately , for me i might take breaks from our lovely sport then and again but one never quits!

Happy night operations crew !

Xanatos

Re: Calling all 2005 - 2010 opers !

Post by Xanatos » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:51 pm

Enfaded... sounds familiar. Have we spoken before?
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:07 pm

Hey man, pleasure to see you again. Unfortunately most of us have moved on in life, I'm mostly no exception to be honest. That said, a few still pop in from time to time. :)
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Enfaded!

Post by Enfaded! » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:12 pm

Hey Xanatos and Phy ! Good to see some old players bumping around! Hope the world has been treating you guys decently. I feel like In many ways the world has changed in the context of opping. High perceptions of security risks and advanced of accessible surveillance technologies to the average person is a big factor. Looking forward to trying to be more active in this community and learn about emerging night ops techniques

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:06 pm

I think the landscape of the internet is changing; social media is moving towards the more temporary, instantaneous formats like Facebook, Twitter, 4chan and other platforms that don't really promote longevity. Forums are great for having long, drawn-out discussions that can span for years and have no real character limit, but the sun is setting on our little community and I have no idea how to really modernise it to make it more accessible to the younger generations. The thrill to explore and remain hidden is still a deep instinct, but this sort of activity isn't something one would readily share on their Facebook feed.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Secant
Admin

Post by Secant » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:22 pm

Good to see you again man. Unfortunately everything Psych and Xana said is true, there are only a few active people left. The world has moved on, as they say. NONET, as a web forum at least, seems doomed.

If you can prove you are who you say you are, you can have your old account back. PM me if you're interested.