Greetings from a Nightstalker

Are you a new member? Introduce yourself here!
Dred Nightstalker

Greetings from a Nightstalker

Post by Dred Nightstalker » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:01 pm

Greetings. I am pleased to have discovered this site and found these kindred spirits. I have been developing my own way of “Nightstalking” independently, which is very similar to “Night-Opping”.

Here are a few points to give you a better idea where I'm coming from:
  • I have had an obsession with Ninjutsu for quite a while, but wanted a modern version that was *real Ninjustu*, meaning stealth (in-nin), infiltration, climbing, scouting, survivalism, etc., not dudes in black gis practicing martial arts at the local dojo. I have published a book about my version, which I call “Black Ninjutsu”.
  • I have a spiritual/mystical orientation toward this activity. There is nothing quite like the feeling of evading others, creeping across a field, climbing a wall, infiltrating a forbidden area, camping in a concealed location, etc. I like to combine it with meditation and Ninjutsu-based mysticism for maximum effect.
  • My current preferred uniform is dark coveralls, balaclava and “wal-mart ninja shoes” (cheap water shoes inside strap-on sandals). I like coveralls because they can be had for cheap, can be worn over street clothes, give you a quick disguise (janitor, mechanic, etc.), prevent incriminating evidence, are comfortable and have many pockets. They also have a sinister horror movie vibe that I enjoy.
  • I am interested in brotherhoods, cults, secret societies and occultism. I would like to see something like Night-Opping evolve into a more structured secret society, maybe somewhat like the “Ichigun Ichimi” (“One District, One Band”) concept of the ancient ninja.
Anyway, that's enough for now. I look forward to further discussions.

Xanatos

Re: Greetings from a Nightstalker

Post by Xanatos » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:19 pm

Greetings, fellow nightstalker. I come from a similar background to yours; a 'modern' take on Ninjitsu stripped of its stale traditionalism but still keeping to its archaic spirit of stealth & self-enhancement. We're in a perpetual doldrum at this point but still have plenty of resources for the curious seeker and are always open to fresh perspectives.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Dred Nightstalker

Post by Dred Nightstalker » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:30 pm

Thank you. Too bad about the doldrums. Did people go somewhere else or just get bored of the topic?

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:43 pm

Who can say? Life just gets in the way sometimes. You know how it is.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

NINJAHAMMER

Post by NINJAHAMMER » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:16 pm

Greetings Nightstalker,

Hope you enjoy the site. I also am interested in the Modern Ninja. You mentioned publishing a book "Black Ninjutsu", is it offered on the net or can you elaborate. I have been working on a manual for some time and am interested in who published your work. I am not so much into the occult but am always interested in techniques and tactics. Check out the manuals here at Night Ops, I was quite impressed with the material and found stuff that I had not found anywhere else.
Ninjahammer

Dred Nightstalker

Post by Dred Nightstalker » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:50 pm

(image deleted)
Last edited by Dred Nightstalker on Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:52 pm

Nice weather you got there, Darth Shinobi.