Hello

Are you a new member? Introduce yourself here!
Xanatos

Re: Hello

Post by Xanatos » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:14 pm

I'm constantly surprised at how many people sign on here saying they've been doing this for years but just never knew it had a name. Makes me wonder how many more of us are really out there.

Virtually anything can be a target, the level of interest is primarily up to what you get out of the experience. A lot of the time the thrill doesn't come from how dangerous the area is to be in, but rather just the thrill of being somewhere you're not supposed to be and nobody knows you're there.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

zyklonben

Post by zyklonben » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:33 pm

Xanatos wrote:I'm constantly surprised at how many people sign on here saying they've been doing this for years but just never knew it had a name. Makes me wonder how many more of us are really out there.
I also often wonder if there are others like me in my area and how many. I've never come across another opper before, for obvious reasons, but I've come across all sorts of characters in the night. I once scaled a pipe up unto a school and found a bunch of kids smoking a joint. After scaring the shit out of them on purpose, I found out they were kids I went to school with and they brought me into the rotation. It definitely wasn't how I thought that was gonna go down.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:40 pm

Familiarising yourself with the tunnel system just might reveal a thieve's highway and access to other targets.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

zyklonben

Post by zyklonben » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:49 am

Xanatos wrote:Familiarising yourself with the tunnel system just might reveal a thieve's highway and access to other targets.
That would be great if the tunnel system panned out for him. Beyond useful.
Endsieg wrote:Haven't done anything as extreme as entering a school or active facility yet, so that should be a great test.
About 2 years ago me and my friends broke into a school we used to go to. We weren't anywhere near pro, but we'd done enough to know things and not get caught. We had 5 people total, 2 on the roof of a building across the street looking out for us and 3 of us going in. We communicated by long-range walkie talkies.

We climbed a pipe up onto the roof and walked around it to a window on the 2nd floor. I pried it open, and we all climbed in. We were in there for like 3 or 4 hours. Huge mistake, but nothing bad happened. The place had absolutely zero internal security. We found keys to classrooms and supply closets in a desk drawer and basically had complete access.

Hypothetically speaking, we unlocked the main janitor's closet and found a fridge in there stocked with sodas and snacks, including ice cream. We hypothetically took some of it but left most of it there in good faith. We left through a roof hatch in that same closet, circled back to the window and put it back into position, then left.

We were never caught, never even heard any mention of a break-in. They didn't upgrade security either. I'm assuming they have no clue what happened that night.