new fag

Are you a new member? Introduce yourself here!
zyklonben

new fag

Post by zyklonben » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:43 pm

I've known about this place for a while and have come by a few times in the past to take pdfs and read stories. This is my first post. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to say anything specific about myself because I couldn't be assed to look around for more than half a second.

I do bad things in the middle of the night without leaving much a trace. Stuff that belongs in "bad ideas." Sometimes with friends, usually without. I find it hard to find someone who has balls but isn't reckless AND at the same time is cautious but not a pussy. That alone is extremely hard. Trying to find someone who meets that criteria who can also hold up under pressure and has experience might as well be fucking impossible. I've been sneaking around since I was a kid, I made a game of sneaking past cars and people at night on my way home from friend's places or whatever I was doing. That's how I learned some of the first simple tricks I know such as the fact that people in cars really only look one way: straight ahead.

Not sure what else to put. Let me know if you have a question or something gay like that.

Xanatos

Re: new fag

Post by Xanatos » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:09 am

zyklonben wrote:I'm not sure if I'm supposed to say anything specific about myself because I couldn't be assed to look around for more than half a second.
We'll need your full name, DOB, SS number and your mother's maiden name.
Or not, we don't really give a shit.

Hiding from cars is a good way to develop basic stealth awareness, although on an op the presence of another generally isn't as obvious as an oncoming car. Nevertheless, welcome to the night.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

zyklonben

Post by zyklonben » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:14 pm

Xanatos wrote:
zyklonben wrote:I'm not sure if I'm supposed to say anything specific about myself because I couldn't be assed to look around for more than half a second.
We'll need your full name, DOB, SS number and your mother's maiden name.
Or not, we don't really give a shit.

Hiding from cars is a good way to develop basic stealth awareness, although on an op the presence of another generally isn't as obvious as an oncoming car. Nevertheless, welcome to the night.
You got it man I'll scan any and all government ID I have and post it here with my birth certificate.

Thanks for the welcome. Like I said I've been doing this for a while, at first it was purely for fun but eventually I started black opping. I actually went out on an op last night. Took an hour to cross 5 fences and a field because I had to avoid being spotted by the dozens of active people in a parking lot about 60 meters away. I climbed another fence, stood on top of that, and climbed some metal rafters to get me where I needed to be, and then I found out the place I was going to be getting into was empty anyway and the only thing that I could possibly stand to gain from going any further would be two empty plastic garbage cans. No thanks.

I recognize you from your posts. I've seen your videos. I spent something like two hours yesterday reading through years of stories on here.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:18 pm

And more to come in future.

EDIT: I just reached 1911 posts. Time to shoot some .45!
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

zyklonben

Post by zyklonben » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:27 pm

Xanatos wrote:And more to come in future.

EDIT: I just reached 1911 posts. Time to shoot some .45!
1911s are trash

jk but with only an 8 round mag it's not the best .45 in the world

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:46 pm

The platform is neat, and if a gun can stay in service with virtually no change in its design for a century you know they did something right.

zyklonben

Post by zyklonben » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:10 pm

Xanatos wrote:The platform is neat, and if a gun can stay in service with virtually no change in its design for a century you know they did something right.
Yeah, what I posted is my only criticism. However it is why I'm looking at a Springfield XDS instead of a 1911. 15 round mag, with 2 spares that hold 10 rounds. I know I'll most likely never have to use it and I'm even less likely to end up in an extended shootout, but if I am I'd rather have more to burn in my first mag so I don't get caught out in the open undefended.

I'm more into stealth than having large gun battles in the street though. I guess I'm lame.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:16 pm

Yeah I'd never carry heat on an op unless I have a really good reason to, but I appreciate all forms of weaponry.

zyklonben

Post by zyklonben » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:26 pm

I prefer non-lethal if possible but if it's between my life and a stranger's, I'm killing the stranger with extreme prejudice and everything at my disposal. I wasn't even talking about opping though, just general everyday self defense. On ops I usually carry a baton or a fixed blade knife or nothing at all and in all of those cases hope that I won't have to do anything.

zyklonben

Post by zyklonben » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:27 pm

Also, it seems as though you're the only other active person on this forum. Is it as dead as I think it is or am I missing something?

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:46 pm

It can be a bit of a ghost town but we've never truly died. Although with winter coming up it's not exactly prime opping season for those in the north.

zyklonben

Post by zyklonben » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:41 am

Xanatos wrote:It can be a bit of a ghost town but we've never truly died. Although with winter coming up it's not exactly prime opping season for those in the north.
Yeah that might slow me down a lot depending on the conditions. I'm somewhere in New York, and even though I don't live in Buffalo or anything it can get pretty bad near me. We had a complete blizzard last year, they actually temporarily made it illegal to drive because of it.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:59 am

Yeah, heard about that. Crazy weather. Although I was in NY last February and, if it weren't for the snow everywhere leaving tracks, the conditions weren't too bad.

zyklonben

Post by zyklonben » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:51 pm

Xanatos wrote:Yeah, heard about that. Crazy weather. Although I was in NY last February and, if it weren't for the snow everywhere leaving tracks, the conditions weren't too bad.
It's usually not so bad. IIRC, the blizzard happened in December or early January. I spent the entire time taking dabs and watching the entirety of the X-Files, since we couldn't really leave or do anything.

Two of my friends went out on a minor op anyway though. They broke into the yard of an electric company and liberated an empty wire spool from its oppression to use it as a table.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:27 pm

Welcome aboard. I usually check in once a day to see what's going on, I just rarely post unless two conditions are met:

1. I can be bothered to actually post.

2. I have something either useful or especially sarcastic to add.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

NINJAHAMMER

Post by NINJAHAMMER » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:25 am

Welcome To NO, Zyklonben,
I'm pretty new to Night Ops myself but have learned some new things in the guides and in the posts, and I've spent years learning Night Ops topics. Share some stories, post some gear, and let everyone know the tidbits that may well keep them hidden in the shadows and free from steel cages (they suck).