Sneaky Beaky Like

Are you a new member? Introduce yourself here!
PrototypeXenon

Sneaky Beaky Like

Post by PrototypeXenon » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:54 pm

Hello, NO. I was browsing reddit when I heard about you guys, and was instantly interested. What you guys do really interests me, and I would love to do it too. I am fairly good at moving quitely, and I intend to actually start ops in the next year or so. What gear/tips would you guys recommend to a newbie?

Xanatos

Re: Sneaky Beaky Like

Post by Xanatos » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:28 am

Reddit, eh? That's a first.

Have you done any sort of night ops before, perhaps without realising it? If you're already used to going out at night by yourself, slap on some blacks (black clothing, not niggers!) and gradually take less travelled routes. Backstreets, unlit parks, forests, etc. Once you're used to how the darkness feels and the sounds of the night, you may work up the courage to go a step further and vault a fence or cross a barrier into really unfamiliar territory. Just remember to keep a cool head and stay alert, the rest will come naturally.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Lynx

Post by Lynx » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:29 pm

Welcome to NO! Don't wait a year, jump right into it! Even if that means taking walks alone on a lit sidewalk.
I suggest you read Psychlonic's Way of The Shadow, It's in the library section. A very nice guide for beginners. As for gear, just like Xana said. I'm gonna piggyback him and say that black is fine. It's not if you're getting chased by the police, as it gives them more of a reason to chase you. Wearing black clothes.

But seriously, read a few guides, and if you have any specific interests regarding books, ask me. I have a large library with books on almost every topic (pdf). Ask and I'll be happy to help.
Don't take it too seriously, you're not coming out of it alive.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:18 am

Welcome, and I'll echo the first two guys. Just get out there and start gaining experience before you spend money on nice gear. When I first started opping, my only gear was a black pair of khakis, black under armor, a balaclava I used for skiiing. Oh, and a cheap maglite, with a homemade dagger I created out of a paint scraper. It was all I needed to get out and start exploring, gaining experience and becoming confident in my skills.

Also, I'm glad to see we have a minor presence on reddit, I wasn't aware of that.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."