Classified.

Are you a new member? Introduce yourself here!
Psychlonic

Classified.

Post by Psychlonic » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:44 am

Just kidding.

Hello everyone, I'm sure most of you already know my name but if not I've been in and out of the scene now for about a decade. I wrote Way of the Shadow and I've seen several generations of operatives come and go.

I walked away largely from the forum in 2012 as I had some potential PERSEC issues, but I was and still remain on the forum as AEternaeon. I will always be an operative at heart and even though I could not post under this name I still wanted to help where I thought I might be able to but also to simply just be another face in the crowd so to speak.

This is an introduction because I am not the same Psychlonic that wrote Way of the Shadow. I thought I wanted to bury the name and let it stand as a figure in the past, but in my heart I will always have that old operative in me. It carries over into even daily life. The drive to succeed even if the situation is hopeless. Push through pain, set-backs, everything to get the mission done.

A lot of shit went to my head and I had forsaken the path of the scholar and allowed myself to be blinded by pride. I thought myself better than a lot of you, that none of you were close to who I was in capability. Any suggestion otherwise lit my blood on fire.

I'm here now to change that legacy, and I'm again under this banner because I have been Psychlonic now for over 10 years. Even if I myself may find it silly at times, it is a part of what defines me. It's a significant chunk of my history at this point.

I love this community and the people in it, and it is dying a very slow death. There are no more ships to jump to, we are the last of the night operatives on the web. We need to pull together, and just have fun again. I'm getting older but trust me, I'm much more capable than I've ever been. Don't let the lack of a shitty attitude fool you. Let's bring night ops back into our lives and make this a community worth visiting more often by simply posting more. You're all good people, and I hope to read a lot more from you all soon! Till then.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Lynx

Re: Classified.

Post by Lynx » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:52 pm

Psychlonic, welcome back. I memorized Way of the Shadow and read most of your instructional posts.
I'm just really glad that you're back, and I didn't realize that you replied to many of my posts... I'm full of questions.
I've basically held you as a role model for my ops, doing things by the book. Safest for a newcomer, I suppose. Thanks for writing so much, and putting so much effort into things. Without your book, I probably wouldn't be opping. I know you're not the same Psychlonic that I know of, but anyhow... thanks for getting me into this.
Don't take it too seriously, you're not coming out of it alive.

Eden

Post by Eden » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:44 pm

Psychlonic. Welcome back, big brother. I think now is the perfect time to confess, publicly, that I have never read your book. Nor do I plan to.

That being said, the people I have come to know through this site mean the world to me. NopCon was just proof that we can come together and accomplish anything we set our minds to (with the requisite setbacks and absurdity, of course). I hope we can build this place back up. It is going to be interesting watching people look back through their past conversations and realizing they have been talking to the man, the myth, the legend this whole time.

And, if not? Fire the cannons!
Last edited by Eden on Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'll tell you a secret...The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:44 am

Lynx, you're absolutely welcome. To tell the truth, I had no idea the book would become such a hit. Night ops to me at the time was a lot of fun and I just wanted to write what I felt at the time was a concise compendium for them as none truly existed. Seeing the guide materialize was the important part to me, and today I'm quite humbled that people even still find it and enjoy it.

I have a surprise coming for everyone here, but I don't want to jinx it. It's not a book. it's going to be something better I think, and more efficient to learn from than any writing could ever be.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:10 am

A pop-up book? It's a pop-up book, isn't it?
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:44 am

You've spoiled everything!!!

Absent

Post by Absent » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:14 am

Hah, I think we're all looking forward to it then. I can't even remember the first time I read your book, but
it was a while ago. Back in early high school, maybe. How time flies.

Sa'Kage

Post by Sa'Kage » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:25 am

Welcome back my friend, it's good to have you back. I have to say, up until I met you you had my utmost respect. However seeing you in action and hanging with you at Nopcon only cemented that respect and admiration. Relish in finding your old self and semi-reinventing it, it's a good change, and a lot of fun. Good to see you again Psych.

jmopar00

Post by jmopar00 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:12 am

Rock on man, long time lurker seldom poster since totse!
Edit: Well shit, guess this was my first post, after being here the past 6 years. :roll: