Looking to sharpen my skillz

Are you a new member? Introduce yourself here!
theBigHomie

Looking to sharpen my skillz

Post by theBigHomie » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:59 pm

hey guys,
I've had an affinity towards this kind of stuff since i was very young. i've always had a survivalist/hostile mentality of me vs the world and us vs them as i grew up in an extremely dysfunctional family and had no one to support, believe in, or protect and stand up for me until i was about 17. i spent my childhood becoming good at hiding and moving silently in my efforts to avoid my father's constant wrath. i found that it always bothered me when other blundering idiots scuffed their shoes or stepped on leaves and twigs as they walked. in my mid-teens i was kicked out and learn to support myself financially by competing in unsanctioned pugilism and various other nefarious schemes. i have experience opping both alone and with a partner

I just found this forum a few days ago and never knew forums for this sort of niche existed. needless to say i'm very excited about it
today i'm in my early 20s and am not quite as skilled at night ops as i used to be. i believe i am much more talented than the average person would be. however, my skills may not measure up to those of others in this forum and i know there is much to be learned from you all. i currently have a partner who i trust as much as i trust myself and we have recently, perhaps prematurely, taken up an apprentice. both my partner and i consider ourselves proficient in our craft but we feel as if we may not have mastered it enough to teach an apprentice. so, i'm hoping i can meet people here and perhaps apprentice under someone here. i'm in california, south bay area. feel free to message me if you're interested in meeting up/helping out. and by apprenticing under someone else that means i am willing to train under/operate under someone who would take me. my partner and i could come as a package or separately. under such tutelage i'd hope to meet a new confidante/master/counselor who could bring me new connections as well as opportunities for exciting and perhaps lucrative ops

by the way for anyone wondering what sort of unique skills i have, i'd say i'm decent at stealth. probably less well equipped in gear than most of the members. i'm between 6ft and 6ft 2 in. i have a slim build. i'm a fast and powerful sprinter but i'm not that good at juking/changing directions as i run high (as opposed to how american football players can run low/break down for a tackle). also i am extremely strong. as in able to complete 30 pullups from a fully extended deadhang, benchpressing 300+ pounds with perfect form. meaning that in any physical confrontation/contest of strength against a person who is of average build/athleticism/strength i would destroy said individual. when i used to compete in high school wrestling i often accidentally injured my opponents by squeezing their rib cages too tightly or applying too much torque as i tried to flatten them out. i have trained for years in mma with my best styles being wrestling, jiujitsu, and boxing/kickboxing. my partner is between 5ft8-5ft10. he's about average when it comes to sprinting but he's also extremely strong. if i'm extremely strong then you can consider him freakishly strong. bench pressing a little less than 300, squatting 315+, deadlifting 455+. he's also a very good driver and is capable of driving in such a manner and speed that if anyone else were at the wheel i would've died years ago. neither of us are very heavy. me being between 160-180 and my partner between 150-170. i realize that some of these attributes may not have the most carryover to night ops, but i feel like theyre worth mentioning as because so far we're more Bad Ideas/Black Ops oriented. from what i've read so far our tactics can sometimes be a little more thuggish/kickdoor style but i'm open to and capable of shifting our focus back into stealth. i tend to be the more aggressive and daring individual in our dynamic while he tends to be the more conservative and reserved one. needless to say, we never do anything high risk without extensive planning first. when shit hits the fan i'm usually the leader and he trusts me to get him out of the situation safely.
other: i'm outdoorsy and extremely loyal. i'm also a good team player and can maintain a level head when shit hits the fan. my partner is good with mechanical shit and he's also very far-sighted, meaning his vision is extremely good for scouting/looking ahead. my vision is not quite as good as i'm a little bit nearsighted in the 120-150 range. however when i stealth op i tend to wear glasses anyway.

also can anyone direct me to any other forums/communities with similar themes?

Xanatos

Re: Looking to sharpen my skillz

Post by Xanatos » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:40 pm

Hi there.

Sadly this place is the only forum I know of that takes a serious approach to this kind of activity; the only other forums I've seen that have anything to do with stealth are packed with ignorant mall ninjas who couldn't sneak past a blind person during an airstrike.

You'll find plenty of info here on ops; where to go, what to bring and how to use it. If there's anything you think needs addressing, ask away.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.