Dreamer

Are you a new member? Introduce yourself here!
Dreamer

Dreamer

Post by Dreamer » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:12 am

Greetings,
I wish I'd found this site sooner, since I've been "Night Oping", as you call it, since I was a kid. I think my first op was sneaking out with my friend to go skateboarding in my driveway when I was ten. My last was two weeks ago, when I spent the entire night tracking foxes, explored an abandoned house, and set off fireworks in a farmer's field. I was always afraid of the dark. It wasn't until I began night oping that I realized the dark could be my friend; it could conceal me, give me cover, and give me adventure. To some extent, I'm still afraid, but it's a healthy fear, and I wouldn't wish it away.

My strengths:
I'm an excellent woodsman: from growing up in the woods, I've learned how to track, move quietly, climb, and survive if I have to.
I'm a skilled traceur, which has come in handy before.
I'm invisible. Camouflage is more than just putting on some camo; it's a more subtle art that I've picked up from my boyhood days of playing manhunt in the woods and stalking deer.

My weaknesses:
I've been known to crack under pressure. When SHTF, I panic.
I'm paranoid, which takes a lot of the fun out of oping.
I'm not a team player.
I'm cocky. I seem to think that I'm better at things than I really am, which makes me sloppy and careless.

Zerg

Re: Dreamer

Post by Zerg » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:25 am

Welcome to the site! To quote a wise man...
"You think the darkness is your ally, but you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it."
I couldn't help myself. But on a more serious note, you have a skillset that is very helpful for opping. Feel free to take a look around or drop in to chat.

P.S. Maybe next time, skip the fireworks. :lol:

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:55 am

Well well, we share much in common. As do many others on this site, I would imagine. I think you'll fit right in, Dreamer.

I see you've found The Lounge, unfortunately while I had to step out for a bit. Pop in occasionally and you're bound to run into someone.

I think you'll find much of this site to your liking; we have plenty of information & stories to share and you're welcome to share some of your own. Or inquire if you think there's a topic that needs addressing. You may wish to check out the Dare Ops forum for some neat opping ideas.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Æternaeon

Post by Æternaeon » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:26 am

Welcome. Don't let the quiet scare you away, people always come in and lurk and it's a bit of a slow season here. Be assured, there's an audience to see your posts.
Sacrifice the body, not the heart.

Teutoni

Post by Teutoni » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:38 am

Well I have to say i'm pleasantly surprised by this intro. Actually I think it would be rather cool to see more people discuss what they believe their strengths and weaknesses to be. Regardless welcome to the site man. Honestly I think you'd be well served by jumping into chat occasionally that even though we might be slow you have a good chance of meeting some great people. Also don't be afraid to share your stories as I look forward to hearing them.
Keep 'em chained, boys!