Brand new opper

Are you a new member? Introduce yourself here!
Marzka

Brand new opper

Post by Marzka » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:45 pm

Hey guys,

I'm an opper who lives in a very rural area(lots of fields, dogs and cows). I've only done one op; exfiltrate my light motion sensored house and take a little walk around a recently deceased woman's bungalow.

I'm wondering if anyone has ideas for me to carry out, there's not much urban exploration to do in the countryside, just lots of farms... :roll:

I've heard a lot of references of a list of dares on this site, where can I find this list :?:

Thanks in advance!
Marzka.
Nightops is gud, yo.

Xanatos

Re: Brand new opper

Post by Xanatos » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:47 am

Hello,

The Dare Ops forum is in the Night Ops and Urban Exploration section, at the top of the page. There's a whole bunch of Dares in the stickied thread at the top, browse through and take your pick.

Feel free to ask around for any tips on gear, preparation, planning or anything else op-related. And drop into the Chat Lounge every now & then for a chance to talk with fellow operatives.

Enjoy the shadows.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Æternaeon

Post by Æternaeon » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:18 am

Welcome, sir. Ranches can make pretty good ops, just be careful about getting near houses. Rural areas also make it really easy to enter the nearest town from any direction since you can encircle it as much as you need.
Sacrifice the body, not the heart.

Marzka

Post by Marzka » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:04 pm

I don't live in America, I live in the Britain Isles so they're not ranches, just old houses and farms.

I have a balaclava, black/navy clothes and white runners. Do white shoes stand out much?
My main problem is dogs, I don't want to have dog barking at me and they make the 'Journy of 1000 miles' dare very difficult. Any ideas?
Nightops is gud, yo.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:06 pm

Yeah, white sneakers do stand out quite a bit, especially when you're moving. I'd suggest spraying them somehow with black paint or getting your hands on some darker footwear. Preferably something heavier for dealing with rougher rural terrain. Contrary to popular belief, it's still entirely possible to move quietly in combat boots.

When it comes to dogs, there isn't any definitive way to deal with them other than avoidance, but due to their keen senses this can be problematic. Before hopping a fence into a person's yard look for telltale signs of a canine; chew toys, water & food bowls, kennels, a leash & collar, dog droppings, etc. If none of these are present you may proceed, but with caution nonetheless and be prepared to sprint for the fence at any moment (some owners are tidier than others). Conversely, if there are signs of a dog in the backyard it could be possible that the dog is an indoor sleeper and it's not outside. Nevertheless, tread with caution.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Marzka

Post by Marzka » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:24 pm

Thanks for the advice, Xanatos.

I'm going to go out for an 'op' in 30 minutes. I plan on sneaking through a field and past a house, doing a recon on a seemingly abondoned place near a field full of cows.

Any last minute advice?
Wish me luck!
Nightops is gud, yo.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:36 pm

We discovered recently; you can use black electrical/duct tape to darken your sneakers, or at least break up the solid white parts so they're harder to spot at a distance.

Marzka

Post by Marzka » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:34 am

That's a good tip. Less permanent than doing something like painting my runners black, which would raise some eyebrows.
Nightops is gud, yo.

Eden

Post by Eden » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:54 am

Marzka wrote:That's a good tip. Less permanent than doing something like painting my runners black, which would raise some eyebrows.
We covered most of them in duct tape (black) but not the soles to save traction. We actually cut up a pair of my tights and taped them over the laces to cover them but leave them functional.
I'll tell you a secret...The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again.

Teutoni

Post by Teutoni » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:14 am

Welcome to the site Marzka, i've see you've been quite active and i'd like to suggest that the best way to take care of dogs is to throw bawmbs at them.
Keep 'em chained, boys!