Greetings

Are you a new member? Introduce yourself here!
Tall One

Greetings

Post by Tall One » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:51 pm

I found this site yesterday and lurked for a few hours, finding it to be quite the interesting place. Having become a member and thus getting access to more information I found this all the more interesting. Needless to say, I really like the idea of "freedom in darkness".

Though I'm probably not going to be doing any ops for a year or so as I realized that I'm going to need a bit of more training first. I recently started doing parkour, and it seems like it might be useful for opping. Would it be a good idea to start doing martial arts? I already have a fair bit of training in aikido, would that be enough if I focus on the other aspects of opping such as planning and stealth?

Looking forward to getting to know the community

Xanatos

Re: Greetings

Post by Xanatos » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:45 pm

Welcome aboard.

Yes, training in martial arts and Parkour is definitely beneficial. It'll help condition your body to be more agile and thus enable you to move with greater stealth and agility. It also has the added benefit of being able to either run away from or defend yourself against any pursuers, but that rarely happens.

For all the emphasis we put into planning our ops, we play most of them by ear. Read through all the info we have here for an idea on what to consider before heading out on an op and if you've still got questions, ask away. Additionally, try dropping into the Chat Lounge for a chance to talk with one of us.

If you're not confident to go out on an op of your own just yet, at least get yourself used to being out in the night. Go for walks at night and the wee hours of the morning when the rest of the world is asleep, gradually traversing darker & darker places, getting used to the low light levels and heightened sounds provided by the night.

Enjoy your stay.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.