Hello all.

Are you a new member? Introduce yourself here!
Autarch9

Hello all.

Post by Autarch9 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:11 pm

Hey everyone. I'm glad to meet you all and start posting rather than just lurking. I'm still in the learning phase of this crazy thing, but I think I have at least some useful experience. I do cabling for a living and have training in CCTV and security systems, and work in and around all sorts of buildings and structures so I know what kinds of things one might encounter when entering almost anywhere.

You'd be surprised how many people and places just leave things unlocked.

Something I like doing even before I found out about opping is showing up to a place of business in my work uniform and saying I need to service the buildings system or a resident's cable entry point and therefore need roof access, utility room access. etc. I won't even do anything or mess with much in there, I just do it to do it. I've only been called out on my bluff once and I passed it off as I had the wrong address. This is more a of a lying-my-ass off kind of skill and isn't really applicable to night-ops per se, but I like to think that if I were to get caught, I'm decently skilled at talking my way out of things. Because of this, I have a small list of places (apartment complexes, shopping plazas) that have unlocked roof access and I'll go to these places whenever I'm working in the area and just want a quiet, windy place to chill.

Xanatos

Re: Hello all.

Post by Xanatos » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:50 am

You sound familiar... you sure you haven't posted before?

Anyway, that skillset would come in handy for scouting out op locations during the day and perhaps even leaving yourself a 'back door'.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Teutoni

Post by Teutoni » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:36 pm

Scrolling through and I thought I recognized the name as well, so have you been on the forums before?
Keep 'em chained, boys!

Roxas

Post by Roxas » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:27 am

he has been on....i think he got on first time when i was at school i think i greeted him formally. not sure
The problem with trying to be the bad guy, is that there is always someone worse

Autarch9

Post by Autarch9 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:48 am

I was on the chatroom a little while ago. I don't get a lot of opportunities to get on here.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:25 am

Understood. We're glad to have you regardless.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.