My first post

Are you a new member? Introduce yourself here!
Lienad

My first post

Post by Lienad » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:15 pm

Hi everyone, my pseudo name is Lienad & this is my first post.

I found out about this site through Zoklet and the old Totse community. I live in the United States and I am a teen-aged male. I've been lurking on this forum for a while now and so I decided to join. When I read the dare section of the forum I became very inspired to plan ops for myself to do: I plan to do "Journey of 1000 Miles" tonight & I will complete "Skinny Dip" at my neighborhood pool once I feel up to it.

I have done a lot to prepare for night ops so far (such as going for long walks at night, exercising daily, reading the books on the resources page) but the hardest thing for me to do is controlling the fear of getting caught. I am hoping that being a member here and learning from others will give me enough courage to go on some serious ops, but does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get rid of the nervousness? Maybe if I do some of the easier dares I can build up to it?

Anyway, I am really glad that there is a community like this and I am looking forward to becoming a part of it.

Ghost

Re: My first post

Post by Ghost » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:21 am

Welcome to the site. It sounds like you've prepared yourself pretty well, so don't let the anticipation stop you. All you need to do is get out there and start getting some experience. Remember, when you get out there, all that anticipation and anxiety disappears. It isn't talked about as much here, but that's actually one of my favorite parts about opping. It's like an opportunity to exist at a more basic level than most of us operate on in everyday life. It's just you, and a mix of your instincts and intellect out there.

All of that pre-op anxiety and worry will diminish as you get more comfortable with opping, as well. Truly, the best thing you can do is just get out there and let experience be your teacher.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:19 am

Ghost wrote:All of that pre-op anxiety and worry will diminish as you get more comfortable with opping, as well. Truly, the best thing you can do is just get out there and let experience be your teacher.
This. Just keep a cool head and don't be hasty. If you spot someone, remember that the darkness is your ally.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Roxas

Post by Roxas » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:08 pm

lienad you need to beat your fear by facing it head on. i know what alot guys are gona tell you is too keep a cool head. and they are right but its hard to think huh? you have to force your self if your stricken with fear. think . am i seen ? yes? am i PERCEIVED? yes? Calm down. and think of your surroundings. you did recon on this area. therefore you should know what your hiding spot is or your escape route you shyould have 3 routes.
The problem with trying to be the bad guy, is that there is always someone worse