Wa hae

Are you a new member? Introduce yourself here!
Highlander

Wa hae

Post by Highlander » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:00 am

hello everybody i am highlander i discovered this place by googling psyclonic after reading his guide to night ops and it interested me so i thought id delve into it more and take it up as a "hobby" if you guys call it that. I lurked here for a bit and realized that you guys do alot of UE, so do i so i thought thered be some welcome to me

hope to have a good time here -Highlander
WHY SO SERIOUS!!!

Absent

Re: Wa hae

Post by Absent » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:43 am

Welcome aboard. I'm pretty new myself. I've done some UE, and a lot of the time we mix UE with NO's. Hope you find your stay helpful.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:05 am

Well it's really more of a lifestyle choice than a 'hobby', but I guess it's safe to call it that if you want. And yeah, NO & UE do overlap quite a lot, so you'll settle in just fine around here.

Enjoy your stay.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

fx1k

Post by fx1k » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:35 am

UE seems to have a strong correlation to night ops certainly. Welcome to the forum.

Highlander

Post by Highlander » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:50 pm

thanks for the welcome i saw the dare thread and i was wonderin if anyone knew of a good camera cause i don't like my blackberry's
WHY SO SERIOUS!!!

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:05 am

No particular brand comes to mind, I've used three different cameras across my Dares from three different manufacturers and have pretty consistent results. The last two that I used were under $130 AUD and I'm guessing my current one was under the same price range, although I acquired it at a "discount". *wink* Just pop into your local electronics store and have a browse, even their cheapest camera will be suitable for your needs.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Highlander

Post by Highlander » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:59 pm

ahhhhh, i see so no need for extremely good quality tech here unless you need it?
WHY SO SERIOUS!!!

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:20 am

Pretty much. Unless you're going for some HQ high ISO-type shots all you need is a basic camera with a flash. Moddy knows a bit more about cameras than I do, perhaps he has a few shopping tips.

Absent

Post by Absent » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:27 am

What he said. I have no idea what kind of camera I use. I just found one on my counter and used that.

Illusion

Post by Illusion » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:29 pm

Welcome! :)

As Xanatos said, I wouldn't worry too much about which camera - we're not that fussed on photography, and some of us like quick'n'dirty shots! :wink:
"I'm not worried about this because I am too strong, too good, too intelligent, but I want to say to the others 'don't follow the stupid'."