Lockpicking

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
meameajones

Lockpicking

Post by meameajones » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:28 pm

Hi I am a new opper on this forum and I think of everyone else who has opped before as "pros"

Anyways, I need help lock picking. Can anyone suggest me a set of lock picks to buy and also some guides on where to start? I'm planning on opening simple doors, ones with only one lock, although there may be some d doors with two locks, one on the bottom and one on the top.

Any help is appreciate :)
the post above is a purely fictional story made up for entertainment purposes and/or just a hypothetical depiction of what could happen. any resembelence to any actual persons, places, things or events are entirely unintentional and coincidental.

Sanctum

Re: Lockpicking

Post by Sanctum » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:38 am

http://southord.com/Lock-Picking-Tools/ ... -Sets.html

That's where I got mine from,excellent quality.

I got my first...and second..and third set there. The 5 piece set comes with a nice little guide,I don't know how good you are at picking but it's excellent for beginners thought me how to pick,very short and educational.
Of course there's some guides on this site also if you're getting another set...

Also I don't know if it still works but "lp101" used to be a 10-20% off coupon,have fun and stay hidden. :mrgreen:
Night Ops? That's nuts! I'm just a overweight unfit person who writes stories to pass time.

meameajones

Post by meameajones » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:08 am

Sanctum wrote:http://southord.com/Lock-Picking-Tools/ ... -Sets.html

That's where I got mine from,excellent quality.

I got my first...and second..and third set there. The 5 piece set comes with a nice little guide,I don't know how good you are at picking but it's excellent for beginners thought me how to pick,very short and educational.
Of course there's some guides on this site also if you're getting another set...

Also I don't know if it still works but "lp101" used to be a 10-20% off coupon,have fun and stay hidden. :mrgreen:

Thanks, but do you have any other sites? Where I can pay with Paypal.
the post above is a purely fictional story made up for entertainment purposes and/or just a hypothetical depiction of what could happen. any resembelence to any actual persons, places, things or events are entirely unintentional and coincidental.

Sanctum

Post by Sanctum » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:36 am

It does take Paypal,it's how I bought all of mine.
Night Ops? That's nuts! I'm just a overweight unfit person who writes stories to pass time.

Pentagonal_Iris

Post by Pentagonal_Iris » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:27 am

I second that, southord makes quality picks, for a good price. If you want to get a set even more discretely than on the internet a lot of local gun shows or those random guys who sell bullshit ninja weapons, swords, etc. often carry lockpicking sets, even small southord sets sometimes.

meameajones

Post by meameajones » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:26 pm

Sanctum wrote:It does take Paypal,it's how I bought all of mine.

It doesn't give me Paypal as a checkout option. It only says:

Mastercard
American Express
or Visa

for the payment options.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:23 am

lockpicks.com

That's where I got mine.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

meameajones

Post by meameajones » Sun May 01, 2011 7:02 pm

Xanatos wrote:lockpicks.com

That's where I got mine.

Thanks for the site, I ordered this set

http://www.lockpicks.com/mpxs-08withbook-mpxs-08b.aspx

Do you think this will be enough for a beginner?

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Mon May 02, 2011 4:23 am

That's the same set I got I think, although it didn't come with a manual.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Illusion

Post by Illusion » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:23 am

I see this was posted back in May, but you're still posting - how are you getting on?! If you're having any issues I may be able to post up some ebooks and videos I found - otherwise, there's the excellent MIT guide!

BTW - In another thread you seemed to want some assistance about making it for your first op; if thats still an issue post up a thread on here and we'll try and help! :wink:
"I'm not worried about this because I am too strong, too good, too intelligent, but I want to say to the others 'don't follow the stupid'."

meameajones

Post by meameajones » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:58 am

Moddy wrote:I see this was posted back in May, but you're still posting - how are you getting on?! If you're having any issues I may be able to post up some ebooks and videos I found - otherwise, there's the excellent MIT guide!

BTW - In another thread you seemed to want some assistance about making it for your first op; if thats still an issue post up a thread on here and we'll try and help! :wink:
Will do, thanks for the reminder for me to make another thread.

Illusion

Post by Illusion » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:13 pm

This thread on Lockpicking reminds me - I have a friend who used to work with a Locksmith, I think he even took a lot of their equipment when they closed down. So he's pretty good with lockpicking, but more importantly - he knows a fair bit of stuff (albeit, some is UK specific - Fire Brigade Padlocks etc) about general methods of entry, locks and tools.

He is the one that I generally op with, if I get him to sign up on here I will get him to try and post up in these topics!

Failing that, I will try and record some videos when my new lockpicks arrive. Bear in mind, I messed around with picks about 4 or 5 years ago and since then I've been a bit lazy - but this is the point to be honest, I hope to do a few videos every couple of days so you can actually see the progress!

The idea being, if I get the lockpicks videos done by April/May - I will begin doing some SRT & Ropework videos... :D As for uploading them, maybe I'll use a second dropbox account and post the public link on here?
"I'm not worried about this because I am too strong, too good, too intelligent, but I want to say to the others 'don't follow the stupid'."

Illusion

Post by Illusion » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:14 am

Im having a modicum of success by using a half-diamond pick as a form of rake surprisingly, then just using a hook pick to manipulate any pins that are left.

Rather strangely though, on one or two locks I appear to have set all the pins and the cylinder turns around 15/20 degrees, but then I'm unable to turn it anymore! Must be missing a pin or something.. :|

Gogeta70

Post by Gogeta70 » Wed May 30, 2012 4:19 pm

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but i thought i could add something.
Illusion wrote:Rather strangely though, on one or two locks I appear to have set all the pins and the cylinder turns around 15/20 degrees, but then I'm unable to turn it anymore! Must be missing a pin or something.. :|
You've probably run into a security pin or a trap pin. These are usually found in higher security locks. You may have better luck with trying to rake these locks instead :P

Here's a video that demonstrates security and trap pins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywRDBM9py6o
Check out my blog! http://7coder.blogspot.com