Your usual distance?

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
totster

Your usual distance?

Post by totster » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:05 pm

Im just curious as to the average distance by foot that you typically travel on your excursions. Also whats the greatest distance you've travelled by foot, bike etc.

totster.

joshvillen

Re: Your usual distance?

Post by joshvillen » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:37 pm

My typical walking distance is around 2 miles but it depends heavily on where I can inconspicuously park my car. As far as biking to an AO, that can be anywhere from 4 to 20 miles. The furthest I’ve ever walked during an op would be around 5 miles, likewise for biking.

AlphaWolf426

Post by AlphaWolf426 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:46 am

i routinely walk 5 miles or more on most ops, usually thru heavily wooded areas and industrial wasteland (there and back) and when i get done im beat lol. just make sure it dont take too long to get there you dont wanna be outta breath and energy when you arrive at the location. bring energy drinks and/or water in you can, and dont forget to analyze how much your loot is gonna weigh and how far ya gotta get it before it can be transported via vehicle ill never forget all the times shits turned out much harder than expected... some of us have fun with this, others just for the money or both but regardless this should not be back breaking labor, take it easy whenever possible!
the post above is a purely fictional story made up for entertainment purposes and/or just a hypothetical depiction of what could happen. any resembelence to any actual persons, places, things or events are entirely unintentional and coincidental.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:57 am

On average I travel about 6-8km per op, although I've gone further.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

fx1k

Post by fx1k » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:44 am

My objectives are always within 3 miles (just under 5km) , so I will walk up to about 6 miles (10km) during an op at the max.

Usually, my objectives are about one to two miles from where I start walking.

theconfusedone

Post by theconfusedone » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:18 pm

Yea i'd say about 3 miles for mine, but i may start using a bike soon so that could move it up to maybe 6 miles or higher...
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -Siddhartha Gautama

The above post is completely hypothetical.