Glasses

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Lopiben

Glasses

Post by Lopiben » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:05 pm

Hi,

I wanted to know if anyone here had glasses and if so, how he handeld with it during ops.
Do you keep them or do you wear lens?
Are reflects a problem?

Thanks in advance,

Lopiben.
Come on, don't trust erything you read on the internet, especially not on this website...
_____
Posts here are totally fictionnal

Captain Winky

Re: Glasses

Post by Captain Winky » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:57 pm

Hey Lopi,

I am in the same situation you are, and in the beginning, I tried keeping them on. However, as soon as I started using masks they quickly enough clouded up my glasses.
I had used contacts in the past, wearing them all day. But I never got really good at putting them in, that worked much better. If you want to get rid of your glasses to begin with, you could try month contacts, otherwise there's allways one-time contacts which you can wear for a day and discard.

The most ideal would be getting your eyes lasered, and I've been looking into that. Sadly enough, the coming year my pupils will be too large.
that's why roger podactor was murdered,
HE FOUND CAPTAIN WINKY!

Lopiben

Post by Lopiben » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:59 pm

Indeed, I didn't think about mist on the glasses. :roll:
It is not easy to wear glasses with balaclava :?

Laser is not an option for the moment, i'll perhaps buy lens.

Thanks

Lopiben.
Come on, don't trust erything you read on the internet, especially not on this website...
_____

fx1k

Post by fx1k » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:11 am

Switch to contacts. It completely eradicates the problem. If you do though make sure to take them out and clean them before ops. I've noticed that my contacts start to get foggy around the time I go out opping.

kunoichi

Post by kunoichi » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:24 pm

If you are under ~21-23 you cant do a laser. I personally wear contacts.
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH :P
Society gets the kind of vandalism it deserves.

Lopiben

Post by Lopiben » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:59 pm

Thanks for your advices.

I'll probably try lenses, I have to take an appointment with my ophtalmologist but I have 2-3 pretexts to convince my parents ;)

Bye,

Lopiben.
_____

inthedark

Post by inthedark » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:30 am

I'm glad I found this because I have glasses to... I found makeshift ninja hoods made from dark t-shirts won't fog my glasses though.
Come at me with a sword, I'll retaliate with the dark.

Above this signature is a post... a fictional post.... nothing about it is real... nothing

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:37 am

Depends on the t-shirt I guess. Thinner materials will let you breathe better. And by "ninja hood" do you mean the classic 'Ninja mask' (of which there are about infinite youtube tutorials on how to make) or do you mean the actual 'hood' version?
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

inthedark

Post by inthedark » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:05 am

I didn't know their were youtube vids about it or if their what I'm talking about, but just a t-shirt tied to make a pretty efficient mask
Come at me with a sword, I'll retaliate with the dark.

Above this signature is a post... a fictional post.... nothing about it is real... nothing

Lopiben

Post by Lopiben » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:20 pm

I use the t-shirt mask too, but I don't see what you mean about "hood" version. Could you explain?

And with the t-shirt I'm using, there is fog on my glasses. :?

Bye,

Lopiben.
_____

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:01 pm

Grab an ordinary t-shirt and put it over your head so that the collar sits just above your nose/below your eyes and tie the sleeves low behind your head (near the base of the skull). Then grab the bottom of your shirt behind your head and lift it up over your head to form a hood. This method breaks up the outline of your head much better but the hood can fall off easily when moving fast, unless you tie it down somehow.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

joshvillen

Post by joshvillen » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:53 pm

I was lucky enough to get lasik, I know how much of a pain glasses can be though.