Unlocking those interior door locks

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
roccoco

Unlocking those interior door locks

Post by roccoco » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:10 am

The locks on some doors inside buildings (where you press a button on the doorknob to lock it) can be easily unlocked... get a coin or similar width object and place it in the small strip on the outside of the doors knob. Then turn it and wa-la! I'll post pics soon to show what I'm talking bout :D

Xanatos

Re: Unlocking those interior door locks

Post by Xanatos » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:39 pm

I know what you're on about, they're more commonly seen on bedroom doors. I usually use a butterknife.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

roccoco

Post by roccoco » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:28 am

Ah it's good someone knows what I'm talking about... :D - one of the places I was in had them almost everywhere inside the building - pain in the ass much, but at least they weren't proper locks that I would have to pick...

theconfusedone

Post by theconfusedone » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:25 pm

I know about the ones you are talking about, i have em throughout my house.
I love coming upon one of these, as im lazy and hate picking tumbler locks with my shitty improvised picks.
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -Siddhartha Gautama

The above post is completely hypothetical.

CokeCanNinja

Post by CokeCanNinja » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:24 pm

Shimming locks is pretty fun. It only works if the jam is on the other side through.