BDU velcro patches

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Xanatos

BDU velcro patches

Post by Xanatos » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:00 am

I recently got a multicam longsleeve to go with my trousers and it's got those velcro patches for putting name & rank tags (on the biceps, breast pockets, etc). I want to remove them because they stand out from the multicam pattern and ruin the effect, but I was just wondering if they'd have any practical application first. They're all the soft, fluffy velcro that the rough part is supposed to stick onto.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Captain Winky

Re: BDU velcro patches

Post by Captain Winky » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:57 pm

Xanatos wrote:They're all the soft, fluffy velcro that the rough part is supposed to stick onto.
In which case it won't really have all that much use lest you put something with Rigid Velcro on there. And let's face it... for most of those objects there's either a more usefull place, or they'll be useless objects.

I'd say get rid of them, I really can't think of any Velcro-bearing object that would be usefull there. When considering Velcro is even usefull. Which is a rare thing on it's own.
that's why roger podactor was murdered,
HE FOUND CAPTAIN WINKY!

Anthony Sykes

Post by Anthony Sykes » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:40 pm

Xanatos wrote:I recently got a multicam longsleeve to go with my trousers and it's got those velcro patches for putting name & rank tags (on the biceps, breast pockets, etc). I want to remove them because they stand out from the multicam pattern and ruin the effect, but I was just wondering if they'd have any practical application first. They're all the soft, fluffy velcro that the rough part is supposed to stick onto.
The Hook & Loop spots are worthless for the operative, just remove them, or buy multicam, OD or brown patches

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:34 pm

Worthless. Cut them off.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:30 am

Will do.

The only practical application I could see would be to stick a patch of material on it with netting sewn onto it for adding camoflauge. But this seemed a bit redundant, being multicam & all...
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Captain Winky

Post by Captain Winky » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:05 pm

Xanatos wrote:Will do.

The only practical application I could see would be to stick a patch of material on it with netting sewn onto it for adding camoflauge. But this seemed a bit redundant, being multicam & all...
never overestimate the pattern, especially not the multicam. I've heard adding vegetation and whatnot actually helps better because it helps breaking up your shape, then again...

"HOLY FUCKING SHIT! THAT TREE IS COMING RIGHT FOR US!"
*blam* *blam*

damn hunters.
that's why roger podactor was murdered,
HE FOUND CAPTAIN WINKY!