What do you guys do the day before an op?

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
CokeCanNinja

What do you guys do the day before an op?

Post by CokeCanNinja » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:14 pm

I'm planning an op tonight, and I am so BORED!!! The apprehension is killing me!! I want the sun to go down for goodness sake. What do you guys do before an op? I already know what I'm taking (just a camera, I'm doing some of the night op dares, my brothers iPod because it has a clock and a camel-bak for water) and what I'm wearing (black hoodie, black jeans, black tennis shoes, and black t-shirt to use as t-shirt ninja mask). Also, what should I eat before the op? I'm thinking of pita bread with humus.

Xanatos

Re: What do you guys do the day before an op?

Post by Xanatos » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:15 am

I usually just play videogames while I wait for the household to go to sleep - stealth games in particular (Thief, Splinter Cell, etc). Aside from that I usually inspect my equipment, read or meditate a bit. Try doing something to keep your mind occupied (preferably in a quiet, dark place) without losing tactical awareness. I wouldn't recommend eating before an operation, but definitely have a drink (and perhaps bring one with you) and go to the bathroom.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Saaber

Post by Saaber » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:35 pm

I mostly lay on my bed with the lights off, listening to music and making up an excuse for my parents what i will do when i go out.
Or just chat on the net, depends on my mood.

CokeCanNinja

Post by CokeCanNinja » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:13 pm

I found a good way to focus before an op. Take a somewhat cool, water only (meaning no soap) shower. Make sure to get really wet. It removes the smell of any shampoo or body wash you use, which people can notice if they come to close to where you are hiding. It also helps to wake you up.

roccoco

Post by roccoco » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:32 am

If the op is serious, (not just a random excursion) I review my intel, clean my gear and just generally prepare for the mission... Hydrate properly, eat a small meal a few hours beforehand and by then, you're ready to head off.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:05 am

I used to drink a big mug of sweet tea ages ago. I really don't do much these days, just keep myself busy until a few minutes before I want to leave. Read, listen to music, write, work on something, whatever works.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Captain Winky

Post by Captain Winky » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:44 pm

I sleep longer to shift my rythm. As a result I can stay more focussed on an. Op.
that's why roger podactor was murdered,
HE FOUND CAPTAIN WINKY!