Hidding places of my gear at my parents' house?

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
kunoichi

Hidding places of my gear at my parents' house?

Post by kunoichi » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:28 am

Hey guys, I am very new at this stuff. Unfortunately, due to the fact that I live with my parents, I have to hide very very well all my gear, because if they find it, I am dead! So, I would like you to tell me a few ideas about where to hide my gear in my house...
Last edited by kunoichi on Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH :P
Society gets the kind of vandalism it deserves.

Xanatos

Re: Hidding places of my gear at my parents' house?

Post by Xanatos » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:12 am

This thread has a few good tips:
http://night-ops.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 86c151c1c2

Just look for places that they won't think to check. I've never had this problem, so I can't really elaborate further.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

kunoichi

Post by kunoichi » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:10 pm

Thank you, it helped me a lot :)
If anybody else has some ideas, please tell me.

Saaber

Post by Saaber » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:35 pm

Well, I'll tell you what happened to me:
I too am living with my parents and had a hard time thinking of a place to put my gear, cause, I too was afraid I would be in deep s**t.
Since at that moment I didnt have a better plan than to just hide them into my closet, the next day, cleaning day(I was out so they decided it would be a good thought to clean my room too) they found my gear, when I got home I was asked wtf is up with those things, I just said they have allways been there and I dont know...They seem to have bought it so I now have no problem of hiding my gear.:)
Sorry, thats the only idea i have.

kunoichi

Post by kunoichi » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:56 pm

OMG!!! I dont even wanna THINK of the possibility of being discovered!! But, the excuse you said to your parents was very nice, and as i am a good lier (:P), I believe I can convince them. They will probably make fun of me and think that I have one of those "weird interests that teenagers have", and that "this will change completely in a few years" lol
Anyway, thanks a lot for answering!

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:43 pm

Don't keep a kit in one place for it all to be discovered at once. Keep a flashlight near your nightstand, a multitool or knife on a shelf, camo/black clothes at the bottom of the dresser drawers, masks with winter gear, etc. It shouldn't take an excessive amount of time to get everything ready since it's all in the same room, and it won't look as blatantly obvious what you're up to when it's not all in the same spot.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Urgon

Post by Urgon » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:26 pm

AVE...

I had never any problems with hiding my gear. I have many different tools all over my room. So everything is hidden in plain sight...
"We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf."

Airship pirate...

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:32 am

Urgon wrote:I had never any problems with hiding my gear. I have many different tools all over my room. So everything is hidden in plain sight...
You too, huh? I might as well keep all my gear & equipment mounted on an intricate platform in the middle of the house, Batman-style.
Last edited by Xanatos on Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

kunoichi

Post by kunoichi » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:06 am

Thank you very much Psychlonic. This is a very nice idea, I will follow your advice :D
Urgon and Xanatos, you guys are very lucky!
Last edited by kunoichi on Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Urgon

Post by Urgon » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:09 am

AVE...

I have just right hobby: building things...
What is not a tool, is a piece of device or model, or is a finished construction. Also I have some hiding places under my furniture...
"We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf."

Airship pirate...

CokeCanNinja

Post by CokeCanNinja » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:58 am

Just don't hide everything in one spot like Psychlonic said. If someone finds black BDU's, kevlar gloves, knifes, night vision goggles, police scanner, airgun, and radios in one spot they think "OMG!!! Terrorist!!! But if it's spread out and looks like that's where it belongs they don't notice.

Legend

Post by Legend » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:31 am

Psychlonic wrote:Don't keep a kit in one place for it all to be discovered at once. Keep a flashlight near your nightstand, a multitool or knife on a shelf, camo/black clothes at the bottom of the dresser drawers, masks with winter gear, etc. It shouldn't take an excessive amount of time to get everything ready since it's all in the same room, and it won't look as blatantly obvious what you're up to when it's not all in the same spot.

This is how I have my gear stored- where one would expect it. It should be foolproof.
Who dares wins!

Ping

Post by Ping » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:23 pm

If you have access to a nearby forest, I strongly advise making a cache there. This way you have your own place no one else can discover, and nothing incriminating is to be found in your house. Only problem is you have to take some more time before/after ops to retrieve/stash your gear. You have to be sure not to be tracked back to the cache, but the same applies to your house.

Hope this helps.

kunoichi

Post by kunoichi » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:40 pm

Ping, unfortunately we don't have forests here... But thanks for the idea! I will do that when we'll go to our country house for holidays.

Anthony Sykes

Post by Anthony Sykes » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:13 am

Utilize the principles of a dead drop or several spread in a pattern (I use smiley faces)

roccoco

Post by roccoco » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:30 am

I hide small bits of my kit in various technology related boxes. My parents have yet to find it, or even move the boxes for that matter. Clothes are easy to explain... It's funny, my mom threw away a can filled with a thermite mixture cause she thought it was rubbish... :x

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:12 am

Good thing she didn't toss out a bottle of nitro-glycerine. :lol:

roccoco

Post by roccoco » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:03 am

Xanatos wrote:Good thing she didn't toss out a bottle of nitro-glycerine. :lol:
Good thing she wouldn't know what it was if she found some... :D