I need lotsa help with some basic things...

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
theconfusedone

I need lotsa help with some basic things...

Post by theconfusedone » Wed May 05, 2010 2:51 am

ok i am a complete, utter, total newwwwwb. I have never opped before, except for some recon i did the other night (didnt go too well i almost got caught and woke up a freakin loud dog),but i did find out which houses have motion lights(almost all) and which backyards are easy to get into.
What i need is a total newb guide. I need more confidence, need more stealth and i need some tips (for like sneakin into neighbors yards). Basically, i need a way to train to become a freakin ninja.
(plus, any ideas of how to sneak out of my house? I have creaky floorboards, sleep right next to my parents' room and the door is on the entire other side of the house...)

please, any help? I kno this is a lot to ask... But i wanna get into opping!
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -Siddhartha Gautama

The above post is completely hypothetical.

Xanatos

Re: I need lotsa help with some basic things...

Post by Xanatos » Wed May 05, 2010 5:50 am

Get a copy of The Way of the Shadow by Psychlonic in the Resources page (link provided below). There are a few other texts there to read through, but TWOTS is certainly what I'd recommend.

http://www.night-ops.net/resources.html
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Captain Winky

Re: I need lotsa help with some basic things...

Post by Captain Winky » Wed May 05, 2010 11:41 pm

don't worry confused one, I wrote a guide on leaving the house! try looking for 'for the bare beginners', it's among the resources as a PDF, but you might want to read over the guide in the resources section! Aside from that, all I can really recommend is practice, practice, practice. You don't want to know how many times I tried sneaking up on my little brother to practice.
that's why roger podactor was murdered,
HE FOUND CAPTAIN WINKY!