So I am writing a novel.....

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
grayboy

So I am writing a novel.....

Post by grayboy » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am

And the main character in it is going on a revenge mission. Cool guy, his name is Swim :)

Anyway he he didnt feel safe doing it before as he lived too close. But now he has moved to a really small place. He spends a lot of time in his old area in parties that can go on all night.

His mission so to speak is to slash some tyres and if unlocked shop the car of the fictional enemy.

He plans to cache some equipment in the woods. Now I am trying to make this novel as realistic as possible, so what equipment should I give him? Perhaps a black hoody, navy bluejogging bottongs, thick black socks to pull over his trousers, cotton gloves, a black headwarmer kind of thing, shades and a black top to cover his face with? And obv a knife of some description.

Anyway people tend to follow this guy, even more so when they are drunk. Would he be best to say he is going home and get a taxi back after the op? Obv he would change back into party clothes.
Swim goes to gym 3 times a week, does karate and is in pretty good shape. He knows first hand that all cops will do a car shop is prints, is it ok toay assume that all that would be done for a tyre slashing?

Ysidro

Re: So I am writing a novel.....

Post by Ysidro » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:43 pm

I have no experience writing novels so I am afraid I am of no help to you. Maybe there is an English major on the forum somewhere.
“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security”
-Ben Franklin

ILTST

Post by ILTST » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:15 pm

Sounds like you have your plan down good. Maybe bring along an energy drink though. ;) The cops aren't going to do too much investigating in to just some tires being slashed. I'd be surprised if they even fingerprinted it.
Ysidro wrote:I have no experience writing novels so I am afraid I am of no help to you. Maybe there is an English major on the forum somewhere.
I lol'd.
http://t-militia.org
http://forum.rorta.net/index.php
http://shadowrx.com/forums/index.php

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:02 pm

Swim should drop the shades, night time + shades = not being able to see well.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:56 am

I wear my shades on my way to an op to preserve my nightvision as best I can but take them off when I get there. Depends what Swim's doing with them.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Brain

Post by Brain » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:42 pm

It is depends on you imagination. first of all you must be the piece of main characters. you should well know him, inside man is an important.
Sorry for my bad English, try to understand my posts. Happy to share exp.

Xenia

Post by Xenia » Sat May 08, 2010 6:11 pm

Write the first chapter / introduction. Then, it will be more clear on how you write, and how one may offer help for improvement.

Legend

Post by Legend » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:33 am

Ysidro wrote:I have no experience writing novels so I am afraid I am of no help to you. Maybe there is an English major on the forum somewhere.
Good one. :)
Who dares wins!