Anyone know how to make kakute?

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Xanatos

Anyone know how to make kakute?

Post by Xanatos » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:40 am

A kakute is a spiked ring used for hitting pressure points, one of many hidden Ninja weapons.

Code: Select all

http://www.wu-hai-lung.ws/Kakute%20Styles.jpg
Anyone know a cheap & easy way of making one? I suppose you could probably carve them out of hardwood with a knife, or just weld spikes onto an ordinary ring if you have the skill & resources to do so.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Psychlonic

Re: Anyone know how to make kakute?

Post by Psychlonic » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:27 pm

Do you have drill presses or any machining tools at your disposal? Even a dremel.

They make brass curtain hangers that can be worn as rings and have prongs coming off of them. With some shaping, those would work.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:24 am

I have no power tools of any kind. I do have about 5 small plates of sheet metal I stole from a construction site, I was thinking (if I could get some metal shears or something) I could cut out identical designs from each sheet and superglue/somehow attach them together.

I'll try the curtain hangar method as well, though.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Anthony Sykes

Post by Anthony Sykes » Tue May 18, 2010 1:20 pm

Just buy a steel jacket ballpoint or italic pen