Your Diet

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
enfaded Serenicity

Your Diet

Post by enfaded Serenicity » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:31 am

By the looks of things here quite a few people have their training regimes and programs , But what about your diet ?

Ive been trying to bulk up the last few months with weightless resistance training exercises and a high carbohydrate and protien diet and so far ive had moderate sucess. My diet consists mainly of alot of nuts , wholegrains , oats , tuna , chicken , lean meat , pasta and most importantly whey protein. By no means am I a expert on the matter of diet and weightgain and exercise but I'd like to hear what others are taking to complement there training and perhaps some advice for myself and others in a similair situation.
The above Text is completely fictional, designed for entertainment reasons only.

nooner

Re: Your Diet

Post by nooner » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:58 am

If you want to gain mass, life heavier stuff. Even if you have to buy some cheap play sand and fill a duffel bag with it(that's what I did). Diet's just as important, but you're only gonna get so big from weightless exercises.

I eat five or six small meals a day. Usually start with oatmeal, a fruit, and a protein, every meal after that is a veggie or fruit and a lean protein(tuna fish, turkey burgers, nuts), and then dinner is usually a protein, a veggie, and a carb. Typically one of my meals is a whey protein shake with an added banana to it and a slice of whole grain bread with peanut butter, I do that after my workout for the day.
Eat your veggies...

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:20 am

I try to eat as little as possible, but family members keep trying to shove food in front of me and I don't like to waste.

As soon as I move out though I might not even bother with a fridge.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:41 pm

I eat almost only trash that I dumpster, so I get a ton of fruits and vegetables and bread. The grab bag, I might get a frozen dinner, a can of meal replacement or whatever else is getting thrown out at that time. It's pretty erratic but doesn't lack nutrition or anything I need.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:04 am

Mine is pretty much the same as yours, although I drink large amounts of raw eggs in place of protein powders. It might seem a bit old school, but it's relatively inexpensive, PACKED with protein and other essential vitamins and minerals. Biotin deficiency is also not an issue as the yolk is packed full of it. Basically just eat, never let myself go hungry, and work out as much as possible.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Brain

Post by Brain » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:35 pm

I eat everything i have. Dont choose good and bad. Egg, Beef, Horse meat as protein.
Rice, bread as carbohydrate.

Drink plenty of water.
Drink tea in the evening before go to bed as antioxidant.

Try to work out everyday and hold my body in good shape.
I train not in heavy weight and prefer light weight in many reps like 15-20.

I'm not huge and dont like it. No fat, not easily get fat. luckily.
Sorry for my bad English, try to understand my posts. Happy to share exp.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:15 pm

I've taken Nooner's advice & started eating my veggies (and fruit). Need to get some more tea though.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Ysidro

Post by Ysidro » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:04 am

I love tea, but blueberries and pomegranates (and pomegranate juice) are also great sources of antioxidants. I am pretty much a health nut so my diet is already pretty square. Like brain, I drink large amounts of water. I mean alot of water, it keeps your system flushed of any negative things.
“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security”
-Ben Franklin

Brain

Post by Brain » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:57 am

My ancestors used to have great diet proportion in old times.

In the summer they used to eat milk, diary products.(little bit meat, not everyday.)

Autumn, They used to drink horse milk (it is like a beer, when u drink a lot. but very tasty.)

During winter, Prepare 1-or 2 cows for winter time. dry the beef half of them.

In the spring need much source of nutrition, so they used to eat dried beef with various kind of meal.

It was very smart ideas, systematic dietry and healthy for digestion systems.
60-70 years old people have still their own tooth.
Sorry for my bad English, try to understand my posts. Happy to share exp.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:55 am

Here's a typical day for me:

9 - 12 eggs washed down with vegetable juice
1 apple
1 cup of tea

*Workout*

1 bottle of chocolate milk
1 banana

*Shower*

Proper breakfast (anything, really)

Proper lunch (tuna, stew, sandwiches, etc.)

Proper dinner (elk meat, fish, shrimp, vegetables, etc.)

Depending on how energetic I'm feeling, I might have a lighter evening workout focusing more on speed and flexibility which is typically followed by more chocolate or strawberry milk. In between meals I eat lots of nuts, seeds, fruits (dried and fresh), carrots, pea pods, beets, soy milk, juices, water, granola bars, and more.

In short; high protein, low fat, low cholesterol, few processed sugars, high non-essential nutrients, high anti-oxidants, complete vitamins and minerals.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Reznas

Post by Reznas » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:06 pm

The diet that I stick to is a ketogenic diet it is a low carbohydrate high fat and medium protein diet and it works well for me and it helped me cut a lot of weight when I first started exercising again after a long period of being lazy. Here is the website that i used when I started and still refer to from time to time. When you first start things are a little foggy and your gym performance is a little sluggish when you first start out but other than that when you get accustomed to it you will really like the diet.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=36497