Advanced Roll

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
stealththief

Advanced Roll

Post by stealththief » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:54 am

You're running you have to jump from, and take a drop. Are you gonna slow down and hang then drop, well normally you should, unless you know how to roll with a ton of forward momentum. It's not nearly as quiet, and it'll take up a lot of room, but it's the way to go with large drops and you need a running jump for. If you have time, just hang and drop but if you can't learn this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbs7wDqViY4

Xanatos

Re: Advanced Roll

Post by Xanatos » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:57 am

That's why I always prefer to land as parrallel to the ground as possible; the momentum doesn't need to take as sharp a turn and hence prevents more shock.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:49 am

Interesting, looks a lot like mine, only he springs forward quite a bit more before going into a tuck. loved the powerthirst references too, lol.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

kunoichi

Post by kunoichi » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:49 pm

I know this roll. They taught it me it in my martial arts class. I prefer the "normal" one...
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH :P
Society gets the kind of vandalism it deserves.

Anthony Sykes

Post by Anthony Sykes » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:52 am

Great Idea

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:12 am

I try whenever possible to hang and drop for the sake of stealth, but on the run I would certainly focus on the forward roll and it's more natural to me personally. It's pretty amazing what the human body is capable of with the right technique applied.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Anthony Sykes

Post by Anthony Sykes » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:14 am

Psychlonic wrote:It's pretty amazing what the human body is capable of with the right technique applied.
QFT; what the body can do is utterly insane.