New Years All-Night Operation - Planning Phase

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Illusion

New Years All-Night Operation - Planning Phase

Post by Illusion » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:15 am

Following on from Operation Clear Skies, I have another tower on my target-list!

I have suggested that we welcome in the new year with the great London fireworks display, which is always awesome. However, last year it did get a bit tiring after a while waiting.. I mean, I loved the party atmosphere but who wants to get there about 90 minutes early just to be allowed to view it from across the river? If you're late then its wandering the streets looking for a better view... never fun.

Then theres also the slow and painful walk back to the train stations, surrounded by thousands of people clogging up the roads, and having too wait outside the train stations whilst small amounts of people are let in at any one time..

So this year, we'll be viewing the fireworks from a different location.. a tower roof top. One of the highest towers that will be in London, and by then it will nearly be finished its construction phase.

Objective
To climb the ?????? Tower and bring the new year in with style.

Team
As of the moment, I have mentioned it to a couple of people who seem keen. I have one person definitely wanting to do it with me. Worryingly, I also have an ex who wants to try it. She is a good girl, and has done a few risky sites before.. but this maybe one she wont be coming on.

Concerns
- Heavy Police Presence during the new year
Yes, I've thought of this. However - Police helicopters will most likely be focusing on the river for crowd control and public order, as will most of the police presence on the ground. Also, Helicopters will have to either not fly during the fireworks, focus on a different area, or fly above a specific height. (A combination of all three I reckon) This could cause a few issues..

- Having a really large group
Well, I know this tower in particular has a couple of people wanting to do it, I already know 3 people.. we're looking at a worst case scenario of 6 or so. This is too many. I will NOT operate with a group that large. If thats the case we break off into groups of 3 - which is another reason my ex shouldn't really come. She will most likely stick with me, and if she doesn't then I know I'll worry - another reason she shouldn't come. That means there will be 2 people glued to me (my other guy will only op with me, as he only trusts me)

- Transport
Due to equipment and dress - I cannot see the whole group willing to use public transport; however driving around at this time will be a nightmare.

Plan
To be finalised. Will keep this updated.

Now I know this is early, and perhaps too early to plan some of you could say, but I want to have my operations over christmas/new years go flawlessly and I will be working with other people for a change; so I'm planning them NOW!
"I'm not worried about this because I am too strong, too good, too intelligent, but I want to say to the others 'don't follow the stupid'."