found a book on alarms

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
st3alth

found a book on alarms

Post by st3alth » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:53 am

here you go

Code: Select all

http://www.scribd.com/doc/4227138/Alarm-Bypass
let me know about accuracy etc.

Psychlonic

Re: found a book on alarms

Post by Psychlonic » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:07 am

It kinda looks like for a lot of these, the guy is basically saying "Try this and hopefully it works!"

For example, regarding PIR sensors he says something along the lines of "Try walking directly towards the sensor at a snails pace. You should be able to walk right up to it because PIR is designed to detect movement cross ways"
What he says about it's detection pattern is true, but you're not going to be walking up on a PIR sensor in under an hour minimum. Have fun moving that slowly and stiffening up your entire body in the process. Same with ultrasonic sensors. While the ideas work, they're terribly impractical.

Also, his method for jumpering wires isn't always true and can result in an alarm condition. He states that you should find four wires, two will be power. Jumper the two that aren't power. Aside from the fact he provides no method to identify power safely, many systems only have one wire leading in, and one wire leading out. The entire thing acts as a simple circuit and by opening it you cause an alarm.

Haven't gotten much farther than that, I mostly skimmed along but I'll read it in it's entirety later. If what I've read so far is any indicator, this is nothing more than the confusing and false bullshit that's already spread across the internet.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

st3alth

Re: found a book on alarms

Post by st3alth » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:55 pm

ok, keep this thread to warn others who may make this mistake.