Application of the Wrist Rocket

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Psychlonic

Application of the Wrist Rocket

Post by Psychlonic » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:05 am

-cleaned-
Last edited by Psychlonic on Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Xanatos

Re: Application of the Wrist Rocket

Post by Xanatos » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:26 am

Once on a camping trip a guy had a slingshot made from rubber tubing, a thick coathanger and a leather patch. There was a notch at the center of the 'Y' that acted as an apeture sight. I tried it out a few times with lead sinkers, hit soda cans at about 10-15m with no difficulty (I'm a natural marksman, apparently). Totally forgot how powerful slingshots are, gotta make one someday. Would be most useful.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:31 pm

Heh, i bought a nice little slingshot online for ~ $15 a few years ago. The only problem i had with it were the bands on it breaking, simply because the ones they supplied were cheap. A lot of the slingshots you can buy now have fold-out wrist braces, so that when you're not using the slingshot, you can fold the wrist brace back in and the slingshot will fit in a pocket or pouch.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:37 pm

That's precisely the kind I've got. I don't remember what I paid for it, but it wasn't much and the band is still holding strong after 3 years. Came with a small amount of steel shot, as well. Great bang for the buck, so to speak.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:04 am

I had a sling shot a while ago, my dad's friend brought it from Africa (not sure which nation), and it was really powerful. I'm sure it would dent some wood or metal no problem. It broke though as the bands started to tear at the edges.