Your favorite aspects of opping

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Ghost

Your favorite aspects of opping

Post by Ghost » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:51 am

Title pretty much sums it up for this one, just thought it would be interesting to see what people like the best about night opping. I'm not really asking what drives you to op, i'm just looking for a few specific parts you like the most. So tell me night ops: what are the little things about night opping that you like the most? it doesn't have to be anything huge or profound, but things of that nature are certainly not excluded.

Myself, I like the feeling of things when you first step outside. The cool night air, the way the dewdrops glisten wetly on blades of grass, and that overwhelming sense of freedom that envelopes you, the assurance that it was indeed worth risking everything your daily life includes to spend a few hours living exactly as you choose to. It's magnificent, the way that some of those nights are. It seems like you're the only person in the world, and it's all spread out in front of you there in the darkness, waiting for you to discover.

Not really trying to go all "sound of music" on you guys, but that's the best i can do to describe my favorite part of night opping. So how about you guys?
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

Psychlonic

Re: Your favorite aspects of opping

Post by Psychlonic » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:44 am

That's a tough one. I'd have to say any time I overcome a security measure, makes me laugh inside at their pitiful attempts to keep people out and boosts my confidence. Something about that feeling, completely embracing your inner darkness and not feeling the slightest bit of remorse, that really comes out in a moment like that. There's no other feeling in the world like it. You realize that you can take a person's entire life in your hand and crush it, and nobody can do a thing about it. It's about the power. My physical and mental honing over the years directly confronting someone else's preparedness and triumphing over it. "Winning" in a battle of strength and the ability to survive in a match they don't even realize they're a part of. Call it an ego trip but in that moment in time, I know that I am better than them. They are under me, faceless, practically sub-human. Just another easy victim I'll forget all about.

This isn't the point of the night op, but it runs through my mind none the less, and it's an interesting feeling. I've come to appreciate living both a healthy, active social life in the day and a relentless, "do anything I want" lifestyle in the dark. Yin and yang. Where I once felt bad about it, felt two faced, I now embrace it.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:55 am

For me it's much simpler, I enjoy sneaking around and being stealthy and resourceful. It's my idea of a good time. I appreciate the night and the feeling of being invisible and unique in my activities but those are to prominent in my thoughts, I just enjoy sneaking from time to time.

enfaded Serenicity

Post by enfaded Serenicity » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:41 am

For me its the satisfaction of knowing the world is open to me as my oyster and my skills and abilities allow me to go places I couldnt hope to do in the Daytime. Also your suburb and other areas become like another world after hours , different people come out , things are done differently and everything looks different. For me its like stepping into another world and its one I can escape in and relax , even if Im in squeeze at times.
The above Text is completely fictional, designed for entertainment reasons only.

darktorn

Post by darktorn » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:33 pm

Pretty much what you guys have said, I like the dual life-style. Lead a normal day life but at night everywhere is open to me and nobody knows about my activities at night.
"The human being created civilization not because of willingness but of a need to be assimilated into higher orders of structure and meaning."

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:07 am

enfaded Serenicity wrote:For me its the satisfaction of knowing the world is open to me as my oyster and my skills and abilities allow me to go places I couldnt hope to do in the Daytime. Also your suburb and other areas become like another world after hours , different people come out , things are done differently and everything looks different. For me its like stepping into another world and its one I can escape in and relax , even if Im in squeeze at times.

Well said. Nice to see you back on the site, it's been a while.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

Xenia

Post by Xenia » Sat May 08, 2010 6:15 pm

It's just me out there. No one else. Just that thought makes me feel an indescribable urge to be who I can only become in my dreams.

I suppose that's a good thing, then.

Urgon

Post by Urgon » Sat May 08, 2010 10:53 pm

AVE...

I'm new to opping, but in past I did a lot of crazy, dangerous and illegal stuff. There are two aspects, that always attracted me to "the dark side".
First is knowledge. I know things. I know a lot. Knowledge is power. I always loved to find out, how stuff work, how to do things and what make people tick. I see strings that control them. I see the inner works of the world. I can use this power for my own advantage. I can go almost anywhere and see almost anything. I can start even spreading chaos. But I don't use this power. Not yet. Unless for some small perks...
Second is all that double life thing. Normally I'm the typical young man, living my life from day to day. Just another law abiding citizen. But only small, trustworthy group of close friends knows, who and what I am. But nobody knows the whole truth. Even my own brother don't know me anymore. It's for his own good...

One thing everyone here should know and understand: the true freedom doesn't come from laws and constitutions - the true freedom is willingness and readiness to break rules and laws. Most people is abiding them because without them they won't know, what to do. People need rules and laws in the same way sheep need shepherd. Without them they are afraid. The great goal of becoming truly free is to overcome this fear...
"We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf."

Airship pirate...

Atmos

Post by Atmos » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:03 pm

I really enjoy the Dim city lights in the night and the endless sense of excitement and possibilities that go hand in hand with opping. I also really enjoy being back in my house, undected and without anyone apart from partner having any knowledge of the evens. I think opping with friends is considerably funner and more relaxed (even in somewhat high risk situations.)
<- Shaco could op like a boss xD

Teutoni

Post by Teutoni » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:34 am

I have to echo how amazing the freedom feels. Going where I want and not having to deal with anyone. Another huge call is just being able to explore the world around. Find what is hiding away from even the people who locked it all away. There is just so much history hiding in all of these buildings around me and I love it all. Finally it helps me escape my life, I am no longer who I am in the daylight.
Keep 'em chained, boys!