ENDURANCE

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
killdozer

ENDURANCE

Post by killdozer » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:33 pm

Does anybody have any good ideas to train endurance? (for parkour mostly)

I just recently realized how badly I've gotten out of shape from my NO break...
----------------------------------------------------
Life bytes with a variety of sizes of teeth
(previously evil_0ne)
A.K.A porschenazi (tM)
R.I.P. Totse
-----------------------------------------------------

Ysidro

Re: ENDURANCE

Post by Ysidro » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:59 pm

I do alot of cross country training. Running is great for endurance (at least in my opinion).
I try to do longer runs on Monday and Friday, anything from 8 to 15 miles depending on your fitness level.
On Tuesday and Thursday I run a medium length, 5 to 9 once agian depending on your fitness.
Wednesday and maybe Saturday do a easy run, 2 to 5 miles. I also through in a core and upper body strength workout on Wednesdays.
Rest on Sunday. That's the bare bones of my running schedule and It keep me pretty fit. :D
“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security”
-Ben Franklin

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:26 am

I've got to work on endurance as well. Running takes more stamina than doing Parkour (since in Parkour you spend most of the time airborn). If you're using it for escape your adrenaline is usually pumping hard so you'll be able to run for as long as you need to. I just need to learn how to catch my breath easier, since after running a fair distance I end up huffing & puffing like a horse. Quite noisy, quite uncomfortable.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:03 am

killdozer wrote:I just recently realized how badly I've gotten out of shape from my NO break...
You and me both. Too much beer, not enough working out... My upper body has gotten slightly better, but for everything i've gained (thanks largely to genetics) my core and my legs are noticeably smaller/weaker.

Feels bad man. :(
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

darktorn

Post by darktorn » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:48 pm

Yeah I've really gotten out of shape, only got back to opping and exercising in the last month or so after being on a "break" since january...
"The human being created civilization not because of willingness but of a need to be assimilated into higher orders of structure and meaning."

killdozer

Post by killdozer » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:17 pm

You guys want to organize a training regimen together then? I could use the motivation to keep going. I plan on trying a few simple ops sometime next month too...
(previously evil_0ne)
A.K.A porschenazi (tM)
R.I.P. Totse

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:00 am

Fnd the longest narrowest staircase you can, QM down it, then back up (head down), works stamina and upper body and core. Also crawling quickly for long periods of time is more exhausting than I'd have though.

killdozer

Post by killdozer » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:09 am

stealththief wrote:Fnd the longest narrowest staircase you can, QM down it, then back up (head down), works stamina and upper body and core. Also crawling quickly for long periods of time is more exhausting than I'd have though.
This will be brutal at the hospital where I work at. They have 6 floors of pretty steep stairs and the old set is narrow...
(previously evil_0ne)
A.K.A porschenazi (tM)
R.I.P. Totse

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:21 pm

killdozer wrote:
stealththief wrote:Fnd the longest narrowest staircase you can, QM down it, then back up (head down), works stamina and upper body and core. Also crawling quickly for long periods of time is more exhausting than I'd have though.
This will be brutal at the hospital where I work at. They have 6 floors of pretty steep stairs and the old set is narrow...
DO IT, you'll feel great and exhausted afterwards. QMing stairs is some of the best exercise ever.

killdozer

Post by killdozer » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:31 pm

I tried it today before I clocked out...

WOW!
That was intense. I'll definitely be taking the stairs from now on.

I did have a doctor get in the stair well while I was going up. I got the biggest 'WTF' look I'd seen in a while :lol:
(previously evil_0ne)
A.K.A porschenazi (tM)
R.I.P. Totse

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:16 am

A good tip for training endurance is to run with weights (heavy backpack, pockets filled with rocks, etc) to simulate opping equipment. Or you could go for a run at night in your opping gear. I take it most of you travel light, but it's worth a try anyway.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

killdozer

Post by killdozer » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:48 pm

Xanatos wrote:A good tip for training endurance is to run with weights (heavy backpack, pockets filled with rocks, etc) to simulate opping equipment. Or you could go for a run at night in your opping gear. I take it most of you travel light, but it's worth a try anyway.
Depending on the circumstances I travel light. Other times I have tons of gear (alarm work and the like...)
(previously evil_0ne)
A.K.A porschenazi (tM)
R.I.P. Totse