Dealing With Attack Dogs

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Borninshadows

Dealing With Attack Dogs

Post by Borninshadows » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:08 am

This is a valid subject, and I find many people on the internet know jack shit about this, or fake it and write lies that aren't even semi good.

1. Escape, don't fight

When a dog comes at you, side step like a bull fighter;the dog will be up again, but it gives you a second or more to get away.
Dogs are most vulnerable when biting at you. Slam the heel of your palm in its' snout, or gouge some eyes.
If you can stay mobile, give it something to bite, like your shirt or sweater. Don't take it off, rip it off yourself, and wrap it around your arm.
When the dog bites it, use the above, or shove your arm in it's move while yanking the neck with your other (and hopefully dominant) hand, breaking the neck.
Legal Disclaimer: Everything I have written in the above post is most definitely hypothetical or written by a totally bored person

killdozer

Re: Dealing With Attack Dogs

Post by killdozer » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:04 pm

..Or if it bites you use it's strong gag reflex against it. Most dog training places teach it as a way to train puppies to let go of a toy on command, but you can use it to make it let go of you and give you the time you need to kill it or escape.

The best part is that the trick is insanely simple:

1. Push whatever the dog is biting down the throat
2. Dog gags
3. You run
4. ????
5. Profit/escape
----------------------------------------------------
Life bytes with a variety of sizes of teeth
(previously evil_0ne)
A.K.A porschenazi (tM)
R.I.P. Totse
-----------------------------------------------------

Dethkreep

Post by Dethkreep » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:12 pm

That's an awesome idea lol. Too bad my dog doesn't seem to have a gag reflex and bites EVERYTHING XD.
"They do not see what lies ahead, when Sun has faded and Moon is dead."
-Gollum

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:44 am

Or you could let it bite your non-dominant arm, and follow by drawing your knife and ramming through the thing's throat. Obviously it would hurt, but it seems like once the dog is latched on to your arm, it's neck is exposed and you still have one remaining arm. as long as you don't draw your knife first (i believe that they are often trained to go for a hand holding a weapon), that should leave you with an easy way to dispose of the dog with minimal effort.

Of course, putting a barrier in between you and the dog would probably work better, so as long as you have a chance you might as well try escape and evasion, so long as the dog is still at a distance.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

Borninshadows

Post by Borninshadows » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:33 pm

The general principal is like what you said Therin; Give the dog bait, or sidestep it, then disable it. With a knife, preferably.
Legal Disclaimer: Everything I have written in the above post is most definitely hypothetical or written by a totally bored person

trx100

Post by trx100 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:48 pm

I'd always recommend to keep escape on your mind as a first resort. Only fight when the dog is actually attacking you. If you can get the hell out of there then its better than risking your limbs.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:33 am

-cleaned-
Last edited by Psychlonic on Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:39 am

In reference to the above post - I'm 140 lbs and i feel that i'd have no issues beyond a few minor lacerations if i had to take out an attack dog. Will to fight is half the battle, training and experience make up the other half, or so i believe.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:02 am

-cleaned-
Last edited by Psychlonic on Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:21 am

LOL, if i weighed that much i wouldn't be opping much at all. I'm only 5'10" and have an extremely low body fat percentage, so putting on any weight at all (fat or muscle) is quite a challenge. Granted, i'd love to put on another 10-15 lbs of muscle, but my goal is to accomplish that through body weight training and natural methods, not through lifting weights at a gym. i seem to keep muscle mass much longer when i build up that way, and i don't have the time to invest in lengthy sessions at the gym every other day.

Still, i'm pretty happy with where i am right now - my body does everything i need of it, and while i've gotten a little bit out of shape, my running ability seems to be the only thing that really suffered.

Edit: just to keep things on topic, do you think that a 100 lb 14 year old would be able to take down a 110 lb attack dog, assuming that the 15 year old has either studied martial arts or some sort of combat system and has a burningly intense will to succeed?

I'd put 65/35 odds on it, favoring the kid.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:41 am

-cleaned-
Last edited by Psychlonic on Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Illusion

Post by Illusion » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:37 pm

Dogs are trained - almost like software is programmed, if you throw something it doesn't expect at it then its screwed.

For example; I knew someone an ex police dog handler who said when they used to train (this was ages ago) they didn't do a lot of shouting or screaming on behalf of the "baddie". Now this meant that when the dog in question was used, the guy ended up screaming in pain - resulting in a much confused dog!

Secondly, try and take stair ways that have that metal mesh kind of floor - dogs have to be specifically trained to go on that stuff IIRC. Unless you're talking police dogs - most places wont have trained their dogs to that level.

Thirdly, If you take a fence or something remember 2 things - The dog can't climb but the handler can throw; The handler needs to make sure the area is safe before he can put the dog over.

For example; Say you manage to jump over 6 foot fence - the handler can easily get the dog over that; however he first needs to execute a quick visual risk assesment of the area. This takes time, and throwing in multiple fences is a good way of exploiting this to your advantage.

I grew up around working dogs and generally to me they were like pets, so its hard to contemplate attacking one for me. However, having seen displays when they were used and heard stories from the handlers - its probably one situation I'd be inclined to stop. That and firearms are probably the only times I'd call it a night.
"I'm not worried about this because I am too strong, too good, too intelligent, but I want to say to the others 'don't follow the stupid'."

Atmos

Post by Atmos » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:26 am

There is a way to kill a dog with minimal effort, if you grab its two front legs and fore them apart quick enough, you will literally rip its heart apart, this does not require alot of skill but i wouldn't recommend unless you are actually at risk from the dog.
<- Shaco could op like a boss xD

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:58 am

The sensitivity of a dog's nose has been brought into account; either dealing a hefty blow to the snout or, as I've yet to experiment, tossing some homemade metsu-bishi into its face to fuck with its senses. The particular recipe I've concocted includes salt, pepper, paprika and onion powder (as well as some other ingredients) into a strong-smelling, burning mixture. Bad enough getting that into the face of a human, but imagine the havoc it would wreak on a canine.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.