corrections to some of the resources by me; and an addition

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Borninshadows

corrections to some of the resources by me; and an addition

Post by Borninshadows » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:35 am

http://no.surgen.org/doc/shtf/BornInSha ... %20E&E.txt :

If the LE have K9 units, book it through a populated area, and throw down cayenne pepper.

No.

Replace with:

Run with jagged, overlapping patterns, and stick to hard ground or water, run through thorns and stinging plants to fuck a dogs nose. Cowkaaaine+blood, when left kills a dog, even if small, mix 50/50.
You can use a bitch scent.
Get in a goddamn car!
Legal Disclaimer: Everything I have written in the above post is most definitely hypothetical or written by a totally bored person

Secant
Admin

Re: corrections to some of the resources by me; and an addition

Post by Secant » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:42 am

Thanks for improving your guide. I've made the requested change. If you have anything else to add, please post it.

Borninshadows

Post by Borninshadows » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:00 pm

No problem;

Here's a new one, with some good info I got from a TC

Short-Term E&E
Kit:
Thermal Blanket
Bitch scent
Disguise/Fake credentials (if going into a city)
A blinding powder, for close in contact.

Basic theory:
Use Anti and Counter Tracking as well as good route planning and physical fitness to escape. In this guide I break these down to the barebones of it, and staying alive for 72 hours, as that is considered short term.

Route planning "Six Ways in, Twelve Ways Out"
This is a classical saying, as well as a title of a USOG Survival manual that I recommend.
Try to get at least one E&E route off every route going in. I personally do two, that way I always have an extra option.
Go over dry ground; stay out of foliage, it holds scent; but try to run through nettle and thorn bushes
Aim to use a common area, to help confuse the dog (if they are used); run in jagged overlapping trails to confuse the dog, and destroy the handlers confidence
Blood+coke (the illegal kind) in a 50/50 mix will kill a dog, and needs to be a very small amount. 1 oz

Anti tracking:
Use of movement designed to throw off trackers (this is done when not in E&E)
This means moving through ground that is hard to track in, utilizing trees for aerial movement, and hiding, or making your track seem older.
The only way to learn this is to practice in different terrain; I wish I could tell you how to, but I can't :(

Counter tracking.
You know your being tracked (escaping/evading); you use these things

Don't put this one the site yet, I'll finish it in a little bit, I just don't feel like typing more.
Legal Disclaimer: Everything I have written in the above post is most definitely hypothetical or written by a totally bored person

Borninshadows

Post by Borninshadows » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:19 am

This is taking longer than I thought, but this is going to be fucking big

Borninshadows

Post by Borninshadows » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:13 am

Update: I was on vacation, got emailed some course notes, and will try to compile it all in a user-friendly format by tomorrow night :0

Borninshadows

Post by Borninshadows » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:26 pm

A few SOP's to start out with, useful even if the enemy doesn't employ the K9 units.

Before contact (In an infiltration, or an evasion); use these in conjuction with slowing and elimination tactics
Stick to your basic skills of camouflage, plus these scent camouflage tricks.
Travel over well used ground to confuse dogs with less training.
If in a group (even a pair) "bombshell out" or split up from time to time.
Ammonia+peppers can harm a dogs nose, as can running through thorns or stinging nettle.

Delaying the pursuit
Tactical measures to delay the pursuit to gain time to set up an ambush, or some mantraps
Doubleing back, and leaving false trails; use jagged patterns, that overlap. This is most useful in forests and built up areas, if in a grassland, use jagged patterns to make the handler lose confidence on the dog.
Travel over water, leaving dummy exits. The dog must check them all.
Traveling over water and hard surfaces, especially in light can help dissipate the scent.
Cross obstacles. The team must move much slower.
Set up a booby trap, the team must then search for traps all over the area, also use signs that point at a non-existant booby trap to halt the TTT (tactical Tracking Team), this causes much delay. Common signs to mark booby traps are: sticks in the fork of a tree, a twig through a leave, a twig at a forty-five degree angle, and knotted tufts of grass.
Travel through thorns, and tangled undergrowth, but don't break any. This really slows them down

Breaking the scent trail.
Use a bike, or vehicle.

All of this is for the short term evader.

Secant
Admin

Post by Secant » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:45 am

If you wouldn't mind compiling all of these bits and pieces into some sort of coherent collection, I could put it up as a guide.

Borninshadows

Post by Borninshadows » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:16 am

Okay, Give me a bit, I'll try to add some From Reverse_War