Mixed Martial Arts as a Blueprint for Stealth

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Psychlonic

Mixed Martial Arts as a Blueprint for Stealth

Post by Psychlonic » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:31 am

Mixed martial arts, in a nutshell, combines multiple disciplines together into a single form in which a fighter uses to accomplish his goal - to defeat his opponent. The idea is that only the ideal techniques from different arts are used, discarding impractical ones or moves which can be replaced by a superior version from a different art.

Long have we debated over which techniques are superior, which "manner" we go about an operation is best. You know what I mean. "Ninja vs Military", "Combat Boot vs Tabi", so on and so forth.

The big different of course is that MMA fighters train to fight in the same environment every time (well, aside from cage/ring differences) whereas the operative must contend with a variety of environments with varying conditions.

Despite this, little effort has been made to combine the best techniques we know into a single, effective system.

To cross the same chain link fence, we may see this:
One guy climbs up using mostly arms and near a pole, climbs down other side.
Another guy climbs up using tabi as help, hangs off other side in a cat position, jumps and rolls on ground.
Third guy snips the fucking wires.

Why not work on developing a uniform system which all new operatives can build upon and even veterans can adopt to move more efficiently at night? At this point we've got so many ways to skin a cat and sometimes more than one method is great, but many times there is one method that is clearly better than the rest. Obviously not everyone can wall climb up 20 feet and do a front flip over the top, but there are ways that just about anybody can do without investing countless hours working on an arcane art.

We can draw from military IMTs, parkour, ninjutsu, hunting technique, sniper technique, gymnastics, and even just natural methods we learn as children.

Is anybody interested in attempting to string together such a loose subject into a core than can be easily learned and built upon?
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

stealththief

Re: Mixed Martial Arts as a Blueprint for Stealth

Post by stealththief » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:34 pm

I'd be down to help, I can explain any parkour techniques, stealth movements, and whatever else I post information about.

Kumori

Post by Kumori » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:24 am

From a new op's perspective, sounds like a good idea.

darktorn

Post by darktorn » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:27 pm

This would be awesome and I know I would find it immensely helpful.
"The human being created civilization not because of willingness but of a need to be assimilated into higher orders of structure and meaning."

killdozer

Post by killdozer » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:21 pm

I'd love to help out.
----------------------------------------------------
Life bytes with a variety of sizes of teeth
(previously evil_0ne)
A.K.A porschenazi (tM)
R.I.P. Totse
-----------------------------------------------------

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:23 pm

I'm not exactly sure how to organize the entire thing, to be honest. The idea hit me while writing some more on my guide and realizing how many useless vaults, walking methods, drops, and building entries there were when the goal is to go unnoticed. What makes that difficult though is that sometimes speed is necessary to go unnoticed. In one situation, the ideal method for entering an open window might be to simply walk up to it slowly, step on the sill, and lower yourself in. In another, maybe you need to hurry because you have a small time allowance so a kong vault might be smarter (lol @ kong vaulting into a building)

Same with dropping from a higher level. The best method for absolute stealth is to sit at the edge, push yourself off, and roll as soon as you hit. It's slow, quiet, and covers the smallest area. In a hurry though, maybe you need to simply run off the edge and do a roll.

So maybe the idea can be put into two different classes: stealth and speed. Obviously speed methods would still try to maintain stealth to a degree.

In addition, I absolutely hate the author, but Secrets of the Ninja uses a few good ideas I use myself for entering doorways and dealing with doorways in general that could be integrated.

The problem is simply when to stop, as the topic is so vague that one can keep going and going - a problem I'm experiencing with my guide.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:10 pm

I'm with you, I train (myself and ninja buddies) in both stealth and speed movement, both for infiltration and escape, for example I teach speed vaulting along side a low silhouette-less vault for stealth, different options for different situations.

Borninshadows

Post by Borninshadows » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:01 pm

Why not begin with IMT's/TABBING, as they are, and slowly add ways to create higher and higher levels of stealth?
Start in the day, move to the night.
Legal Disclaimer: Everything I have written in the above post is most definitely hypothetical or written by a totally bored person

Borninshadows

Post by Borninshadows » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:28 am

I changed my mind. We could simply use the human as a model for teaching.

First, we learn to belly crawl, then crawl, then walk, and then we create our own walk that is like that of no one else (everyone has 65 pressure releases in a track (at least) that define them..... ), after which we learn to negotiate obstacles, and then, we learn how clothing affects our situation, and finally, we learn complex skills, but start with the basics. Like pad Shimming to Picking with a toothbrush.
Legal Disclaimer: Everything I have written in the above post is most definitely hypothetical or written by a totally bored person

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:40 pm

I would want to teach things in order of relevance. Everyone walks and everyone needs to know how to escape, so those would be first. Maybe some climbing and crawling next as those come in often. Some hiding techniques (just basics). Keep going as is seen fit. Like on your average op you'll probably walk, crawl, hide maybe climb, everything else is bonus points. Teach so that some one could go into the field with basic skills right off the bat.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:59 am

I haven't forgotten about this. I've been combing over all my texts for ideas that I might not even use and have found a few I plan on integrating. Secrets of the Ninja, of all things, has a door entry method I see as valuable where you open the door just enough to wrap around it quickly and silently before shutting it. I also like the ideas it shows for hiding next to doors which could be handy for aggressive evasion scenarios or ambushes after luring someone out the door who might otherwise cause problems.

The standard military low crawl is a must-learn, as it has multiple uses including low profile escape method, roof traversing, and just general low profile movement where needed - maybe you need to crawl beside windows in a building with it's lights on. Because it's also reasonably fast, it's more practical than the sniper crawl, which would get you busted in something like a spotlight search because it's so slow. Being slow and fluid is great - I advocate it - but being TOO slow means you're vulnerable for too long which is dangerous.

I'm also going to nominate the lazy vault as the general vault of choice because it has a low chance of catching feet, ease of execution, speed, and the ability to flow into a roll if needed. It also instills the same basic starting movement as required to swing off the edge of a wall into a cat so you'll develop the muscle memory to do so automatically in the heat of a chase, allowing for an easier drop to ground level where required.

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:13 pm

I agree with the low crawl but I often end up QMing when there is enough cover so I guess I nominate that. I like the walking techniques of the Iga Ninja (sideways walking, stealth walking) as well as the chimneying techniques from rock climbing to get up between two or more vertical planes. There's a lot more movement I approve of this is off the top of my head.

Sicarius
Location: Possibly on a distant Mediterranean shore... one day

Post by Sicarius » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:58 pm

11 years later, I know, but it seems this idea of a set "discipline" is more wanted and needed than ever.
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Vengeance
Location: Every night look into the darkness and know I'm out there.

Post by Vengeance » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:53 am

I didn't realise how old this was.
The idea is brilliant.
It's the nature of this beast to feed upon the will to numb it, this monster brought the seed of life, well now i have become it.

Shadow Scout

Post by Shadow Scout » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:36 am

Last edited by Shadow Scout on Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:52 am

Stealth Technique and Shadow Work are laughable to me, they have dog shit for experience and their preferred techniques take a minute of logical thought to realize "this sucks"

This concept will take time and be difficult, but the main aspect holding it back is people talking about it rather than acting. I want to do this kind of stuff, but I need more experience and better control over my day to day life before anything. A youtube channel and consistent articles would be a good starting point, and giving all members an incentive to post. I am waiting a few months, then I will start collaborating with others more heavily.

I am already brainstorming channel names, logos, and topics for videos and articles. Techniques and other stuff is natural for me, I just try it out, analyze it, change it if needed, and find some sources to sound smart.
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Shadow Scout

Post by Shadow Scout » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:09 am

Last edited by Shadow Scout on Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:37 am

I agree about a thread, but right now I am focused on other things. With time and more control over my life, I will do the most I can.

And yes it would be free, anything I make at least

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:30 am

Sicarius wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:52 am
This concept will take time and be difficult, but the main aspect holding it back is people talking about it rather than acting. I want to do this kind of stuff, but I need more experience and better control over my day to day life before anything. A youtube channel and consistent articles would be a good starting point, and giving all members an incentive to post. I am waiting a few months, then I will start collaborating with others more heavily.
It's a ton of work, it's a HUGE topic and as you can see and I will freely admit today I completely lost interest in trying to write all my knowledge down in regards to night ops. Not to mention years back, it pretty much got to the point where talking about techniques felt redundant and not many others were interested in the advanced stuff like alternate lock bypasses or dealing with alarm systems. I felt the impression that most users started reading, their eyes glazed over, and they moved on. For me, it was a big deal because increased security was the last bridge to cross for interesting operations to open back up again. I was tired of the typical shit.

On top of that, I reached a point I'm still at today. All of the time spent compiling information in a way others can absorb is time I would rather spend just learning and improving myself. I'm past trying to look like an expert to others. I'd love to pass my knowledge along, but I'm just not motivated enough to do it. Videos from me are probably never going to happen because I don't want to set things up, edit, and risk my PERSEC. People can think whatever they want of me as a result, it's their problem not mine.

If you or anyone else wants to undertake the endeavor of creating a big unifying system that renders all previous work obsolete, all of my work is yours and I'd be happy to expand upon any of it if asked within reason. Realistically I can't write out a huge guide or make a video for you to understand certain things. My working practical knowledge of this and concepts I don't think we've even discussed yet on here is rather expansive, learning and improving is a constant way of life for me that I doubt I'll ever give up on. To me, the only bar left in night ops is how far you're prepared to go because I know how to take it pretty fucking far.

And I think that's really why most of my posting has slowed down over the years. Movement is a matter of practice, the techniques are known. I pushed boundaries because while the simple stuff is the most important, the way you move only gets you far and I wanted to go farther. I disliked knowing some areas I lacked the ability to sneak into because of the other security measures and I wanted to change that. Eventually, I realized my posts must seem out in space to most users because they got content WELL before reaching that point and to them it was way too much.

It might be worth considering that and wondering at what point you want to stop expanding ideas and decide "Ok, this is as far as this work is going to reach."

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:55 am

I would most appreciate your input on some techniques and other stuff if a system is made.

Speaking of that idea, I think a cool way to advertise it would be to create a "movement system" like Ido Portal, Animal Flow, Parkour, or MovNat. Practical variations of crawling and crouching, such as sniper crawl, army crawl, bear crawl, lizard crawl, low crouch assisted, low crouch, high crouch, and maybe some more. Then discuss moving along walls, stalking, anti-tracking, etc. Finding a stealth walk and gait that makes fucking sense would be great too, I really hate katanas and Yoko Aruki...

I can write articles about walks, gaits, which crawls and crouches, and then brainstorm final products and film stuff with others. Not together, just a collection of video clips for example. I have creative cloud, so videos, photos, graphic design, PDFs, ebooks, and more are at our disposal.

I need to do more research, but the mind is so overlooked. I am delving into sources on this, but this should be fundamental as well. Exercises to do during your typical day, during or as a night operation, and more. These could be focused on a plethora of topics, but a few are observation, vision, hearing, kinetic feel, alertness, instinct, flow states, mental mapping, focus, reflexes, decision making, and so many more.

But if we are to accomplish any of what w want, we need to do this. I am not going to start now if I am the only one, and if I am the only one, I am putting it off a month or two to benefit myself.

Also, any name ideas for YT channels or a group? "Covert Nocturnal Operations" is the best I could think of, and I have mixed feelings about it...

Shadow Scout

Post by Shadow Scout » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:29 am

Last edited by Shadow Scout on Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sleven

Post by Sleven » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:51 am

This is an awesome resurrections of an old post. I feel like we are getting close to painting more to the picture of this discipline we live by and establishing some form of true identity for it. - Even though I'm new to this forum & community, with all the recent activity and themes of topics we've been discussing, it's almost like we are Forefathers about to establish a true name, meaning, concept and organized practice to this thing "Stealth" as a self-proclaimed martial art, philosophy, discipline and moral compass we share.

Lets keep brain storming!
[ Exit The Faketrix ]

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:23 pm

Shadow Scout wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:29 am
Sicarius wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:55 am
Also, any name ideas for YT channels or a group? "Covert Nocturnal Operations" is the best I could think of, and I have mixed feelings about it...
Why not just call it Night Ops?
It just sounds too basic to me, I want to try something else. Something that people may not fully comprehend may be a good idea as well, to evade main stream and YouTube's AI software and help us from getting reported.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:24 pm

Sleven wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:51 am
This is an awesome resurrections of an old post. I feel like we are getting close to painting more to the picture of this discipline we live by and establishing some form of true identity for it. - Even though I'm new to this forum & community, with all the recent activity and themes of topics we've been discussing, it's almost like we are Forefathers about to establish a true name, meaning, concept and organized practice to this thing "Stealth" as a self-proclaimed martial art, philosophy, discipline and moral compass we share.

Lets keep brain storming!
That is how I feel too!

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:27 pm

First thing I want to do is make a name, so I can create an email, YT account, chat groups, etc, and start working on logos, color scheme, and other such things.

This can act as a starting point, and then we can chat and whatever else. Also, videos are high on my priority list.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:49 pm

My best name idea so far is "NocturnalOperations"; not too long or short, alluring but still conveys a general meaning, and does not directly state stealth but hints it possibly(to avoid too many mallninjas). Any thoughts?

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:24 pm

There's nothing wrong with Night Ops, as far as naming goes. 'Nocturnal Operations' would probably be shortened to 'Night Ops' anyway.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Shadow Scout

Post by Shadow Scout » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:23 pm

Last edited by Shadow Scout on Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:21 pm

Shadow Scout wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:23 pm
Sicarius wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:49 pm
My best name idea so far is "NocturnalOperations"; not too long or short, alluring but still conveys a general meaning, and does not directly state stealth but hints it possibly(to avoid too many mallninjas). Any thoughts?
It's just a long way of saying Night Ops. If you are tying it to this site, it's better to keep the naming consistent.

If some of the content will be flagged by youtube, consider putting it at bitchute or another platform. I would rather watch edgier content at lower resolution than watch slicker but tamer content at youtube.

I am most interested in watching actual operations rather than theoretical training exercises. For me it's not about training, it's about doing. Having wits and balls matters far more than training, imo. The reason shiey gets so many views compared to Stealth Technique is because he is actually doing things that are dangerous and require stealth, wits and balls, not just talking abstractly about it in an alley.
That is what I like to hear

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:21 pm

NightOps lacks availability and is too short guys, so it cannot be used

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:30 pm

Shadow Scout wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:23 pm
Sicarius wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:49 pm
It's just a long way of saying Night Ops. If you are tying it to this site, it's better to keep the naming consistent.

If some of the content will be flagged by youtube, consider putting it at bitchute or another platform. I would rather watch edgier content at lower resolution than watch slicker but tamer content at youtube.

I am most interested in watching actual operations rather than theoretical training exercises. For me it's not about training, it's about doing. Having wits and balls matters far more than training, imo. The reason shiey gets so many views compared to Stealth Technique is because he is actually doing things that are dangerous and require stealth, wits and balls, not just talking abstractly about it in an alley.
And BitChute is described as a "dangerous home" for hate speech, neo nazis, and terrorism by the mainstream media, meaning the site is probably awesome and lacks a political bias. Thank you for the recommendation!

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:13 am

Really feeling the team work

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:31 am

I have just bought a tripod and microphone, and my two cameras are a Sionyx Aurora and a GoPro

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:34 am

Has anybody else made progress? Please share if you want to, I would love to work with you as well :)

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:26 pm

Progress on what exactly? Everyone needs to coordinate what they're doing first.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:31 pm

How can that be accomplished so we can do it? Also, everybody spoke about it then did nothing(you and Psy excluded). Progress, for me, in writing articles, researching concepts, training, and working on videos. When I got closer to being done, I intended on asking some people for video feedback and contributing clips if they wanted to.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:33 pm

My schedule is all over the place - usually I don't know when I'm working until the very afternoon I'm called in. I'd also need to find the right shooting locations to record stealth videos in peace. What sort of content you after? Specifically silent movement, camouflage, stealth concepts, etc.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:37 pm

Everything... okay, but for now mainly basic stuff. This includes crouching, crawling, observation and scanning, lights, moving quickly vs slowly. There is some more as well, just some quickly.

You and Psychlonic contributed to the forum enough over the years, so I was trying to get new members to do something. I understand people are busy, but an hour a week? Even if people just write up their stories, that would help.

EEDIT: I changed Xanatos to Psychlonic, I wrote him accidentally before
Last edited by Sicarius on Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:38 pm

Me and Xanatos? There's two of us now? Or am I pulling a Tyler Durden on my self?

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:51 pm

Ha, I meant to write Psychlonic. :D

Shadow Scout

Post by Shadow Scout » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:11 pm

Last edited by Shadow Scout on Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:18 pm

I stated multiple ways to contribute without much contact, and even "insignificant" stuff like that means something Shadow Scout. Practice makes perfect